• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA Mtn Pro Vest Sizing

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these and have no idea what size to get. The gentleman at BCA said he is 5'10" 200 and a medium would work (I feel like I saw a similar comment somewhere on this forum. I'm 6'2" and right at 200 lbs. I ride warm too and feel like a base layer, Klim stealth and the mtn pro vest will be the normal layering. I do want room to grow both in layers and beer consumption!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

As a side note, all BCA vests use the 1.0 cylinder. Maybe we'll see the 2.0 in the next version.

Thanks!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
From what I've seen they do run big. I actually ordered an XL and a Large last year and ended up going with the large. Just to give you an idea, I'm 6 foot, 240 with a 35" waist and about a 48' / 50" chest and I have plenty of room in the large. When I tried the XL large on, I really had to cinch everything up and it seemed like the lower torso area was really big.

This second generation vest is a little nicer then the first generation. The materials are heavier and the bigger pockets are actually usable.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
From what I've seen they do run big. I actually ordered an XL and a Large last year and ended up going with the large. Just to give you an idea, I'm 6 foot, 240 with a 35" waist and about a 48' / 50" chest and I have plenty of room in the large. When I tried the XL large on, I really had to cinch everything up and it seemed like the lower torso area was really big.

This second generation vest is a little nicer then the first generation. The materials are heavier and the bigger pockets are actually usable.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

I'm glad you mentioned the waist being too big. Do you think proper lower core fit is the most important? I've seen folks talk about how the vest is easier on the back and can really distribute pack weight. I don't want a ton of slop in the top of the vest but also don't want it snug to the point that it carries on the shoulders completely.

I was initially thinking large but now you have me leaning medium. Appreciate the advice!

Last edited:

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
The large is suppose to be the same size as the first generation of the vest and the XL is bigger. I had the gen 1 vest, sold it and have a large on order. I’m 6’4” and 220. Once I receive the vest I will post my thoughts.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I'm glad you mentioned the waist being too big. Do you think proper lower core fit is the most important? I've seen folks talk about how the vest is easier on the back and can really distribute pack weight. I don't want a ton of slop in the top of the vest but also don't want it snug to the point that it carries on the shoulders completely.

I was initially thinking large but now you have me leaning medium. Appreciate the advice!

You're going to have to go with the "Large" because there is only two sizes available. There is the M / L and the XL / XXL. One is black and orange and the other is black and lime green.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
You're going to have to go with the "Large" because there is only two sizes available. There is the M / L and the XL / XXL. One is black and orange and the other is black and lime green.

I believe you are correct!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I believe you are correct!

Yeah, I just looked on their website and its the same as last year for sizing. Only the two different sizes available. I think "most" guys will end up in the M/L model as that Xl/XXL is BIG!

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Thank you for the replies folks! I didn't realize their sizes were grouped. Appreciate it!

EDIT: Even though it says so right in the description. Doh....
"Available in M/L and XL/XXL – choose size below. "

Premium Features