• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 800R XP Summit head gasket>

T
Sep 30, 2009
Onoway, Alberta
I overheard a conversation today about swapping out the stock head gasket on an 09 800R XP for a thinner one, resulting in hp gains. I thought that it sounds like a load of bull, and if it were true than we would have all heard about it either on here or from Skidoo themselves.
any ideas ?

p.s. I know this makes me look like a tard, but I am kinda lookin to prove a point.

Thanks

giddyup

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
deer valley sask.
head

the head is on o-ring not a gasket i could see dropping the base gasket a hole would bump up compression but i dont know how much and would it change the squish or not

ask big john he would know or rkt they make the best head they would know

good luck
giddyup

D
Sep 13, 2002
Airdrie, AB
You'd be better off adding a higher compression head and then adding a thicker gasket which would raise the port timing....since a thinner base gasket wouldn't gain too much for compression, but would really decrease squish clearance and may end up with detonation...although I never measured the stock clearance myself....just my 2 cents.

Premium Features