• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo guys fuel milage input

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
i think there is going to be two more guys on boost this year:D and iam wondering what kind of milage you guys are getting. we dont do shoot climbs we are tree hugging bunch of guys "not greenies" but some of the places we go are 30mi in to begin our rideing but most i would guess are around 15mi in we will get an occasional 1min pull but its on and off the gas going thru some trees

2008 D7
174 2.5
custom rolled chaincase
silber turbo

Looking forward to being back on boost

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Honestly I don't burn a whole lot more than I did before the turbo. I would say my range is maybe 10 miles less on the day. It all depends on how much your on boost, the more and the higher the boost level the more fuel your going to burn, obviously, but there is also the fact that with the extra hp your not working as hard to get from A to B so it's not as much as you might think.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
very good points we should do pretty good then we are bothing going to get the trail tanks.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
trail tanks are the way to go! last year on an average day i was going through my full tank plust 4-5 gallons of gas carried in spare cans on the back. had a few real deep powder days last year where i made it less than 40 miles on 17 gallons! but it was one of the best days of the year... with the trail tank you can just ride and not worry about gas

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i'm hoping it will be enough... the tank holds just under 16 gallons filled the rim, but we'll see.. if not i can always strap some more gas to the back of the girlfriends sled:D

Premium Features