• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled Aro - heavy deceleration noise

T
Oct 16, 2017
Went whipping around this weekend and noticed a lot of deceleration noise/resonance (sounds like gear whine) when I was off throttle coming from the Aro unit. Prior to venturing out, the chains were tightened to spec (taut on drive chain at full extension due to TSS). The track also had the exact right amount of slack below the hyfax when lifted. Any idea what the culprit could be or common areas I should check? The unit does have a lot of rolling resistance, but I've heard that is often the case.

Going to try to track it down tonight

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
loose ( stretched ) chain would be my guess. we had to adjust bot our AROs after the first ride

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Yes they are real bad that way standard to the design.
It does get a bit better as the sliders wear in.
That big S turn that the chain makes around the bottom sliders is brutal on deceleration.
I went from a 13 to a 15 tooth front sprocket and it dramatically reduced the noise and engine brake effect even seems to be a bit less. I also flipped the gears in the secondary to gear it back down a bit. Worked real well to reduce the noise.
Right now we have no real deep snow so the gearing is great for speed but may need to re visit it in deep pow.

Premium Features