• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So You've got your bike set up - how are you getting it to your favorite riding area?

How are you going to your snowbike there?

• Ride it!

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Truck's box

Votes: 49 47.1%
  • Sled Deck

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • Trailer

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • Enclosed Trailer

Votes: 31 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
Anyone buy one of the covers I saw in the classifieds section that is made for the timbersled kit. Wondering how the quality is and if it is worth buying. Does it cover enough of the bike to keep salt off.

Oct 16, 2012
BC
im doing a trip in December with it in my truck was thinking about shrink wrapping it for the drive up(10h trip)then hit a car wash soon as im back to rinse the salt/whatever else they put on the road

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
love that we can throw 2-3 bikes in the pickup no deck or anything. easy loading with 2 guys by hand. got a nice dirt bank at the house for that, then just lift in if nothing at the parking lot. we do throw em in the trailer if we are going with some sleds.

got to love throwing 2 bikes in the little toyota. whole day of riding for like $30 in gas for everything.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Saw a pic on here of three timbersled bikes on a sled deck. Looked pretty cool.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Saw a pic on here of three timbersled bikes on a sled deck. Looked pretty cool.

Reagan Sieg travels like that, check out some of his vids but he also makes his living going off ramps on a dirt bike. I'm not that worried about the trip up, it's getting the bike down off the deck that seems like it could get a little sketch especially by your self.

M5

G

glickster

Feb 19, 2013
Steel and Trex

I have a 2 rail motorcycle trailer which I made a winter rail for.

The frame is made from two pieces 2" x 1-1/2" x 1/4" angle at 90" long. They are spaced about 8" apart with the longer side of the angle vertically. Inside the steel rest the Trex sliders. I cut a foot or so off a 6" x 10 footer then ripped it in half. The now 2-3/4" Trex is a perfect fit to run just inside the skis outer skegs and have the center skeg clear the bottom. The sliders are lag and carriage bolted to the steel.Since there is no bottom to the rail no snow collects there. I also added another thickness of Trex on either side where the ski rests, a block in front to stop the ski at the right spot, and square tubing brackets that keep the track roughly centered on the rear of the rails.

The hardest part was balancing it just right. I first tacked the frame to the pivot points where it bolts to the trailer then got the 525 LT on there before finishing the welds. It's perfectly balanced with the bike on there but empty it was too light in back so I bolted another piece of angle on back there.

No doubt there will be some mods and improvements but I'm happy with how it turned out. The bike goes on and off effortlessly. A tiedown to each side of the handlebars and off we go.

The other part of the trailer system is the cover to keep the muck off back there. The Yakima Tent and Awning guys did a great job of making it fit my particular setup of barkbusters, riser, no front fender etc.

Now to find the time to make a second one and finish painting the trailer!

I tried to describe it well enough for someone else to fab one up but if anyone wants measurements feel free to contact me.

See ya out there.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Last edited:
Premium Features