• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle sticking

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
Took my rev out today to test things and it acts like it doesnt want to go off the powerband. when your just going down the trail and let off it keeps going and you have to tap the break or hit the throttle hard to get it to come down to idle. pretty sure its not my cables. ideas? thanks.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Innisfail, Alberta
On my triple I had one of the small screws that hold the lever to the slide come loose, it would momentarily hang the throttles until it found a way out...through the motor.

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
i am also noticing a leak from my base gasket. should i re tourqe or or just get a new gasket
Base gasket or the famous y pipe bolts working there way lose and slobbering oil down the front of the eng??? I guess it depends where you spyed the leak? :face-icon-small-con Dino

Last edited:
S
Nov 27, 2007
Whistler, BC
sounds like you are having the exact same problems as me. The leak is probably from you your exhaust cause you coated everything with oil when you did your rebuild and now everything is comming out the exhaust. I changed my y-pipe gasket and that seamed to solve that problem. As for the highier idle.

did you try riding up a trail at all cause i noticed that when i went highier in elevation it went away 1500 feet was what you were describing and 5000 feet it was gone acted like a normal sled. Winterbrew sugested turning the fuel screws 1/2 a turn. I haven't tried it yet but that might be a good place to start. Let me know what happens cause i want to know as well so i can get my sled running well.

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
thanks for the ideas guys. and i went to pull my head off and i found i forgot to torque a bolt on the head so that might have been contributing. also while it was off i tightened my reed cages up a little bit. never thought about the exhaust. i will check to see if i need to tighten it up too. i also put some fat 420 jets in it for break in. would that be causing it not want to come down to idle?

Premium Features