• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim's new transition hiking boot review

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
So got mine a couple days ago. This is a new mid-height hiking type boot from Klim. I had real high hopes when I saw them online and saw it in person for the first time. The boa laces are real nice. The look of the boot and the overall structure and waterproofness look like it will be very good. Unfortunately I need to send mine back. The arch support is completely weird. They have two bad pressure points on each foot under the arch. And the arch support is pushed too far back, thus not placed under the center of my arch like all my other shoes and boots. Kinda bummed cause otherwise they are a good boot. One walk around my house and my feet already hurt. First time thats ever happened. Even tried super soft sole inserts, but wasn't enough.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Do you usually to anything special with your inserts in your boots / shoes or just wear off the rack stuff? Any chance it's just a bad pair and there is something wrong with them?

I have not ordered a pair yet but had the same high hopes for them.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I usually put Sof Sole Airr gel inserts in all my footwear. The oem insoles in these boots are horrible. Combined with the hard soles, under your foot is very hard. Could be a bad pair, but the design of the sole looks to be the issue on where it hits your arch wierd. Ill just try a bunch on at the snow show this year instead to see. I really like the boots otherwise

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
These boots are built off of a Nest fit last, which is common in many hiking boots today. If you have a flat foot, the nest fit will take time to break-in, or may not be a good option for you. The Tundra boot which came out last season uses the same type of mold. For most it works great, but flat and wide feet do have comfort issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features