• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PR2 RACING, Revolutionary New Technology available !!!

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Just got mine for a 500 long track, what number setting are you guys running the most?

I'll be CO starting at about 9800ft, with day time high of 30. Not a bunch probably, but will have at least some fresh snow for a few days.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Not the PR2 KTM expert but dpeends on snow. Start with 1 and if it gets deep id got to a powder map say 7 stock or 8 with a BB etc. Just watch map 2 or 3 for powder with the higher rev limit !

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Id like to add a little more food for thought. I have seen some say the stock ecu is better, some say good enough, some say all parameters are adjustable. This just isnt true. The stock ecu does a real diservice to our snowbike engines because of the way we operate these engines. Load, cyl temps, coolant temps all change from snow depth, OAT, and altitude. Every bike is different. The stock ecus are more or less locked and are very restricted when it comes to snowbike specific application. Here are some of the benefits of a PR2 vs stock.

1. The stock ecu does not allow u to adjust many of the critical parameters needed such as high altitude compensation to the degree needed.

2. It is unable to stop the over fueling of the engine when coolant temps plummet.

3. Cant change fuel timing spray pattern. Timing and quantity.

4. Accelerator squirt is not a allowable parameter.

5. Voltage spark for load variance. Unchangeable

6. Fuel atomization is set and unchangeable for intake shape and design.

7. Moving the max fuel flow into correct time zone. These bikes are at 50%-70% throttle for 10-15min at a time. They have huge load and the fueling needs to be adjusted into the correct zone. Not just a MX curve.

Jeff at PR2 has personally built engines for the likes of Dungey, Canard, Anderson, Millsaps, Tomac as well as top amatuers from around the world. As a mechanical engineer he has a passion for these engines. It amazes me when he can take time and talk engines and fueling to a far away Canadian snowbiker lol. As i said earlier this is what the 4 stroke has been waiting for in this sport.

So far im very impressed with what ive seen on my YZ. im going to get a map switch since my ecu is a little hard to get to easily and be able to switch between 2 maps.
We received 3 ECU and on 3 of the 2017 450,s SX and XC they worked perfect, One of the 450,s is a different animal and is a Dungey Factor edition SX, The motor runs higher compression and different piston and longer duration Cam, The fueling was pig rich on this one so Jeff is mapping a custom ECU for this one off machine, Absolutely the best service ! I highly suggest others look into the ECU if your really wanting a "Snowbike" and not just a motorcycle with a track bolted on,,

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Not the PR2 KTM expert but dpeends on snow. Start with 1 and if it gets deep id got to a powder map say 7 stock or 8 with a BB etc. Just watch map 2 or 3 for powder with the higher rev limit !

Thanks, was tempted to start on 2 or 3, but i'll stick to one.

Like that this has knobs instead of computer crap. But more time consuming than I'd like to be able to change numbers.

Tride

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2010
Bozeman MT
I've got a '14 Husky FC and prior to buying the PR2 it liked to cough and die, idle like crap, not start easily, and generally make you very nervous when conditions were cold and deep (and you really really wanted not to spend the night out). Huge difference. Running great, even today when I thought it wouldn't be too deep up high and took my engine jacket off--engine temps were in the 90-120 range all day, and it ran like a top. More power, and most importantly it runs clean and strong with perfect throttle response. $$$ but well worth it.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Thanks, was tempted to start on 2 or 3, but i'll stick to one.

Like that this has knobs instead of computer crap. But more time consuming than I'd like to be able to change numbers.
You can get a map switch and have at least 2 to switch from and to ...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Mine is on its way. I spoke to Jeff several times. He is very gracious and helpful. I am putting mine on a 2014.5 KTM 450 SXF Dungey Factory Edition. My kit is a 129 Yeti. I am looking forward to the PR2 ECU to make the bike even better.

307 Snow*Moto

Mar 10, 2008
Big Horn, WY
AMAZED WITH PR2

Like many I've been watching these threads, reading and wondering. After a few milky oil days, over heating, etc. I said enough is enough. I am not an engine guy or mechanic all I know is I want a snowbike that is ready to go every time I ride. I called Jeff and had a great conversation about what I was looking to achieve and what I was experience. His customer service and communication is outstanding and he provides information on a level that even the "dumbest" of owners can absorb (reference to myself). I am running a 2013 450SXF Factory Edition and had thrown money at all the "necessary upgrades", FMF pipe Thermobob 4, PST engine jacket, pipe guard, etc. etc. and when I ordered my PR2 ECU I was open minded and optimistic. Installing it was stupid proof, we did it in the parking lot. We purposely went out and rode to get a baseline of what the bike felt like, temps, etc. and then came back to the trailer to swap it out. less than 5 minutes to zero and set the TPS and I was off and riding. WOW, unbelievable, like a totally different bike. It sounded crisper, the engine ran smoother, the torque was astonishing through every gear, every pull, every snow condition. The exhaust and previously shown a black burn and it has since cleaned up, It truly was like someone had bolted a different engine in the bike. Temps were consistent in the 157-178 range, and not once did the bike ever bobble or run fat. Riding at 8500-9500 in Wyoming with varying snow conditions can be tricky but I truly believe in this product and that it is the answer. I have expressed my feedback via a phone call to Jeff and can't thank him enough for the quick shipment and the amazing product. I am sure for the guys that want to dial in even more the sky is the limit with the 10 different maps and the mid/low/high fuel adjustments, but the way it came is the way it wowed me so I couldn't ask for a better product. Kudos to PR2.
-Ivan

XP860

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
What number map were you running your bike on? We're low/mid/high all at 5 like jeff sends them out at? Tyx

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Just got mine for my wifes yz250fx.... the knobs on hers was not all 5's there is variation... excited to see how it performs... Also got the map switch so I can go from 1 the snowbike normal and the 7 powder at the flick of a switch. I will report back tonight...

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Just got mine for my wifes yz250fx.... the knobs on hers was not all 5's there is variation... excited to see how it performs... Also got the map switch so I can go from 1 the snowbike normal and the 7 powder at the flick of a switch. I will report back tonight...

Can't wait to hear your results. I didn't know he had them ready for the FX models yet. We rode last night guardsmans and conditions were incredible. Most years it would've been a top 10 day, but this year I can only put it top 30:). Last night we got about another 12 inches of 5% density. I think you're going to have a pretty good time out there.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Can't wait to hear your results. I didn't know he had them ready for the FX models yet. We rode last night guardsmans and conditions were incredible. Most years it would've been a top 10 day, but this year I can only put it top 30:). Last night we got about another 12 inches of 5% density. I think you're going to have a pretty good time out there.

He has them for all the Fx models but you have to put a kill switch on the battery so after the ride it does not drain when stored.... He said they were going to have an ecu you don't have to do this but that would be next season... Did not want to wait.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Holy crap guys this thing is awesome.... Handlebar depth every bike sputtering and losing power.... Mine on the powder setting just chugged along.. hell at some points outclimbing the 450s .. best money spent hands down on the bike.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ya its pretty damn good ! I havent had a single miss, pop, fart since this ECU has gone on. I like !

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I was scooping snow out from the intake three times ( ordered a cr one) but it never skipped a beat... Hell it runs so clean I would run it on bikes in the summer also....I always say you never know how bad your bike runs till it runs good.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I can't wait to get mine on my 2014 KTM 450 SX-F. Do you have to put a battery switch on my brand also? Jeff did not mention it to me during our phone conversations. It is not a big deal but it will be good to know the answer.

XP860

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Nope! As stated a few post above. Switch is only for the Yamaha FX 450 for now. He will have the shut off built into the Ecu very soon. It is not Needed on your KTM.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Nope! As stated a few post above. Switch is only for the Yamaha FX 450 for now. He will have the shut off built into the Ecu very soon. It is not Needed on your KTM.
Soon being 3 months

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I received my PR2 Racing ECU for my KTM 450 yesterday. I put it on and it fired right up. It definitely sounded snappier in the garage. I can't wait to try it out in a few weeks when the doctor releases me to ride. I had my hip replaced in late January. Bike is ready except for the Fisher Seat that is being made for me by Nate Fisher right now.

Premium Features