• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PR2 RACING, Revolutionary New Technology available !!!

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Hi everyone,

I am excited to introduce the most revolutionary technology now available for all snowbikes. PR2 Racing has been developing a snowbike specific ECU for the last year and is now making it available for purchase. Jeff Pineheart, the owner and engineer of PR2 Racing, has an extensive 20 year history at the top of the performance game with Pro AMA Supercross; tuning and engine building for the likes of Geico Honda, Team Monster Energy and others. His approach to our unique needs in snowbike performance is brilliant and refreshing. His goal is to simply get our bikes to perform at the most potential possible in OEM form. We have all thrown a lot of money at big bore kits, exhaust systems,programmers, tuners, nitrous, turbo's etc... to get a little "more" out of our bikes. We all recognize that our bikes run and perform fair at best and PR2 Racing has identified the causes of our issues in the snow and cold temps. Their explanation is very clear and can be validated by us all. The intake runner, the distance from the injector to the intake valve, is very short and combined with low temperatures causes a severe lack or loss of atomization of the fuel, equaling poor fuel burn and performance. Also, "wet" non atomized fuel on the piston finds its way past the rings and into the crank case.

What does the PR2 Racing Snowbike specific ECU accomplish?
#1- To get the most potential out of that 58HP engine by having a tune that is optimum for our conditions. That is 4 or 5 hp more than we currently have!
#2- Eliminating the "cold mode", extra fuel from the stock ECU that happens when water temps are below 160F. Preset by your manufacturer.
#3- Providing precise fuel delivery to maintain the optimum in performance with a 12.8 AFR at ALL altitudes and temperatures.
(This is accomplished by the ECU taking samples of manifold absolute pressure while riding) No tuner or programmer required.
#4- Ignition timing for optimum performance at the elevations we ride. Timing advancement for elevation is a big performance boost.
#5- Precise TPS calibration that is automatic and takes only seconds by you, the owner.

The end result is a bike that performs at its maximum potential without the time and expense of mods and accessories to "compensate" for technical issues.
I have had the opportunity to test the PR2 Snowbike ECU. My bike now starts and idles smoothly and clean; the acceleration and seat of the pants performance is incredible. We did not realize the performance we have been missing by not having the correct tune for our unique conditions!

I addition, there are several "maps" you can choose from with a dial located on the ECU; Snowcross racing extreme, High performance trail, and Deep powder are examples. All maps address timing and fuel requirements for the optimum in performance.

In my opinion, the only three Snowbike set up "must do's" are a thermostat, engine jacket, and PR2 Racing Snowbike ECU. Save the money chasing power and performance with parts that do not correct the real issues, and get real performance gains with a Snowbike ECU.

We have all been in desperate need of this technology and I would like to give a big THANK YOU to Jeff and PR2 Racing for bringing it to us.

Contact PR2 Racing (link below) and ask for Jeff. Thanks everyone!!! Feel free to contact me with any questions.

http://pr2racing.com/

PR2 Racing Technology
pr2racing.com
PR2 Racing Technology is the leader in professional and amateur motocross suspensions, and engine building.

20161223_115316.jpg

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Id like to see a head to head against the RAZE ecu which claims same results but with differences. Exciting to see this tech! Randy, any ECU in the works to boost the peak on 300SX? Maybe more RPM

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Id like to see a head to head against the RAZE ecu which claims same results but with differences. Exciting to see this tech! Randy, any ECU in the works to boost the peak on 300SX? Maybe more RPM

Yup, thought about the Raze myself.

These guys need to get to Toby Till's big dog gathering, or something similar to get folks some real world info.

I was kindda interested in Mototrax last year, but wanted to hear real world deep powder results. They were content to work the race circuits. So I was content to look elsewhere.

More is better! But more than the 300SX? I just bought a 300SX CDI to hop up my XC!

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Hey guys,

Yes. I agree with the love and fun of the 300 / 330. The youtube vid's and testing were so fun and amazing to get 60HP out of the most "fun" snowbike ever. However, this is an electronic EFI to address the lame issues of the four strokes. This is finally a resolution to everything we have needed. With all due respect, the Rave ECU is constructed and built by a company that is focused on off road and multi applications. PR2 Racing is a specific tech company that specializes in the best possible performance of a 450 race bike, in cold conditions, and varying altitudes. I will consult PR2 Racing for dyno numbers. I have been shared 60hp numbers "at the rear wheel". The testing and tuning is done in an atmospheric controlled environment as well as "real world" testing; I personally have ridden and tested their ECU and the results are amazing. My oil is maple syrup clean colored, no gas, and it starts, idles, and screams like it has never run before. Finally a solution that truly addresses the issues we have faced. I have found the ignition timing of their ECU to be quite impressive; higher altitude needs advanced timing and their ECU covers that as well. Very impressive.

Last edited:
D

dieselpower

Dec 12, 2008
Bellingham, Wa
Hey guys,

Yes. I agree with the love and fun of the 300 / 330. The youtube vid's and testing were so fun and amazing to get 60HP out of the most "fun" snowbike ever. However, this is an electronic EFI to address the lame issues of the four strokes. This is finally a resolution to everything we have needed. With all due respect, the Rave ECU is constructed and built by a company that is focused on off road and multi applications. PR2 Racing is a specific tech company that specializes in the best possible performance of a 450 race bike, in cold conditions, and varying altitudes. I will consult PR2 Racing for dyno numbers. I have been shared 60hp numbers "at the rear wheel". The testing and tuning is done in an atmospheric controlled environment as well as "real world" testing; I personally have ridden and tested their ECU and the results are amazing. My oil is maple syrup clean colored, no gas, and it starts, idles, and screams like it has never run before. Finally a solution that truly addresses the issues we have faced. I have found the ignition timing of their ECU to be quite impressive; higher altitude needs advanced timing and their ECU covers that as well. Very impressive.

Still looking for Price please :)

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Does it have a baro sensor ? Also what bikes have these been tested on ? How does it deal with aftermarket mods etc such as high comp heads and cams, different throttle bodies ? Option to run a O2 sensor for true closed loop ?

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Hi Guys. How you been Chris? Hope all is well up north.
Yes, Baro sensor. Takes samples while riding. Very nice. I monitored with an o2 sensor to verify. It was excellent.

Mods, Big bores, etc are accommodated by three fuel trim dials on the ECU. 0-33%, 33-66%, then 66-WOT. Like pilot, needle and main. Those trim dials add or subtract from the Snowbike map for needs of special engines. Then continues Baro sensing to maintain your desired settings.
Very nice.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Things are good. Snow is too deep for bikes lol. Stuck on the flats. Its 174 country right now. So the settings are kind of like the vortex deal. Add or subtract fuel kind of thing lo mid
High. So this box has timing as well ? How does that work ? Just at a certain altitude etc ?

Lets say you add a R&D throttle body. Then you would just add or subtract on the 3 settings. I assume the baro sensor would take over and adjust the trim after adding a little too much ? I assume fuel only ?? What are the increments ? Vortex has a map dial as well. Adds or subtracts fuel on entire map.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Hi there, Yes, you are correct. The "empty" box is a Vortex box. The increments are 2.5% per click. No need to touch it on a stock 450. That is the base map configuration. If someone BB's, throttle body, head work etc,.. you can add or subtract to find the sweet spot for that particular build. Once set, auto takes over from the original features with "your" new trim numbers. Pretty slick

AnythingOutdoors

Lifetime Membership
Jun 17, 2013
does this work on all FI bikes? I know the RAZE one only works with new YZ's and KTM/HUSKY's.....LAME! I like what I read about RAZE, but unfortunately it won't work with my bike, I hope this one will....?

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Are you a dealer ?

No. I am not a dealer. Also, I have no vested interest in PR2 or their products as a dealer or in any other monetary way. I only test and report interesting new products that we all may benefit from as a community. They are brilliant builders and tech's with a product that every Snow biker will greatly benefit from.

Exciting times. Technology and $ being invested in the Snow bike future. More to come....!

Randy

Last edited:

BendBrapp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2015
Thank you for the heads up!

I ordered mine today. Jeff was nice to chat with. He answered all of my questions and provided a ton of info. I told him I will be doing oil analysis before and after the ECU swap and he wants to know the results.It comes with 10 maps, two of which are for Dirt if needed. The stock map switch on my 2017 KTM 450 sxf is retained. I have recently got a handle on radiator shrouds and engine jackets to keep the heat up. I look forward to the ECU taking care of the cold plunges that occur in cold deep powder. You can only keep things so hot on the really cold blower days.

-Kevin

Last edited:
Premium Features