• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary Clutch Rebuild

W
Nov 24, 2012
Regina, SK
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has any experience with using the epi primary rebuild kit on a pro? Or should I stick to the oem parts? Also does anyone have any tips for rebuilding the clutch?
Thanks in advance!

Nooby

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2013
NE Nebraska
clutch rebuild

Indy specialties. Have your clutches balanced and rebuilt for your weight and riding style and elevation. Just my 2 cents worth.

Nooby

R

Rev Kev

Nov 27, 2007
Lapeer Michigan
The EPI kits are good, Never had any issues. My recommendations after rebuilding, send the entire clutch out for balance, Indy Dan would be my choice, or if you don't have the tools to disassemble and reassemble Just have Dan do the entire clutch.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
If the clutch weights have gouged out the clutch, you can order Comet SS shims to install on one or both sides of the weights. If you can't find them I can ship them to you. It is a good idea to insert these prior to the damage, especially if running weights with a heavy heel like Belly Busters.

comet shims.jpg

Premium Features