• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo with nitrous

D
Dec 5, 2007
How well does nitrous on a turbo work,does it put alot of stress on the rods and crank?Does it make a differance on take off?

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
Use the juice to spool the turbo and for short burst then just let the boost take over. I think freak has the most experience with nos and boost. I have seen it run and its scary fast.

snakeye

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Montana
NOS ON A TURBO

Whats up u want to beat up on Ricks 925 if u want to try one I have a wet kit

D
Dec 5, 2007
nitrous

No just having horsepower thoughts.Do you think if you install the nozzle in the boost tube it would cool air temps.

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
typically a shot of nitrous on a turbo will make more hp then on a N/A because of the cooling effect.
On turbo street bikes a 10hp shot has made almost 40hp.
If your turbo is not maxed out I would just turn the boost up a little and not mess with the nitrous. Something that could be fun to try is to put the nitrous on a wide open throttle switch and a window switch. so you pin it and it applys the nitrous to spool the turbo and shuts off the nitrous at say 7,000 rpm. My throttle responce is good enough on my turbo xp to not even think of messing with it. Just too much of a mess to screw with runing a wet kit or programing and having the extra fuel with a dry kit.

Premium Features