• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oops, auto bailouts didn't work - GM needs up to $30 Billion

B
Dec 31, 2007
Lolo, MT
Fox reported today (10/22/09) that $49.5 Billion of taxpayer money is now worth about $25 Billion. "Rattner: Government likely to write off billions invested in GM."

In looking for a link to corroborate the statement on Fox, I found this from today 10/22/09 on WSJ. Not the same #s as on Fox, but I don't have time to find their source:

"Poof! Government Has Already Lost $20 Billion On GM Investment"

"Rattner said there’s “a good chance” the United States can recover the $30 billion invested in GM by the Obama administration earlier this year. But of the other roughly $20 billion previously lent to GM in the wanning days of the Bush Administration in 2008, he said, “I don’t think we are going to see [it] again.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2009/10/...0-billion-on-gm-investment-says-ex-auto-czar/

Last edited:
W

Wolfrun

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Lander Wy
700 billion ,50+ billion, 789 billion, 5 billion, 90 million,a trillion for health care, 2 million here and 2 million there flying around the world trashing our country, before long it is going to add up to some real money.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I am willing to bet we won't see a dime.

Here's what will happen.

GM will go ahead and file bankrupcy.
The federal debt will be forgiven.
There is no prayer that GM will ever be financially viable enough to repay 50 Billion dollars with interest. Not gonna happen. Their only chance is bankrupcy and debt forgiveness.

Premium Features