• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skid Plate

bullrunner

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2009
Which skid plate is better, Extreme or Full? I know the full will hold more snow & ice, but the extreme doesn’t look like it will actually protect much. Will the full really cause enough snow build up to make a difference?
Thanks

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Full looks good on my sled and has solid coverage.

NO evidence of how it works thus far. Fingers crossed we don't find out!

M
Dec 17, 2016
Northern Illinois
The full skid plate doesn't hold as much snow as one might think. I would say go with the full, the added coverage is worth it. Been running on my 17 since I got it and have no complaints. In stead of using the provided rivets, I mounted it using nutserts and black anodized hardware so I can pull the skid plate off without having to drill out rivets.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Brake and chain areas have been bent with no protection.

I think the best solution might be to cut a full skid plate in three. Removing the area where snow / ice might build up.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Brake and chain areas have been bent with no protection.

I think the best solution might be to cut a full skid plate in three. Removing the area where snow / ice might build up.

The RPM composites skid plate is the ticket for this. They are expensive at $650 but offer the best protection with the least snow buildup.
b4b87fda13f352f5a690fad03b350d4f.jpg

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I don't remember exactly, a bit more than the regular "Full" plate. (less than twice the price though)

I imagine if put on a powder sled you would cut away some of it under the boards to clear snow better.

Premium Features