• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

places to stay west side of snowies?

JoBoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Champaign, IL
Looking to go to the west side of the snowies, what are good places to stay for 8 people? I know there is the Rendezvous, haven't been there in a long time is that a good place to stay or are there any others up in the mountain without having to drive.

Thanks,
Tom

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Ten mile!
Ken and Kimberly
Can ride from there and they have gas and a bar! Can use the kitchen and grills. And they have pizza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoBoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Champaign, IL
Thanks, called and booked. He said there is restaurant 3 miles away, did you ever go there? Easy to get to and decent food?

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
The restaurant is probably the Rendezvous Lodge... Good food and friendly service. The trail goes right to them pretty much.

We typically stay in the Brush Creek Barracks when we stay that side. It's rentable through recreation.gov. I forget how many it sleeps... 8 is probably close to the max. We've hit the Ten Mile bar a few times for some pool. We were booked there several years ago, but they didn't get any snow that year so we cancelled. The were very good about it.

Don't forget to take a trip into Saratoga to hit the hot springs too. We just do the free one in town. Never disappointed. :)

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Thanks, called and booked. He said there is restaurant 3 miles away, did you ever go there? Easy to get to and decent food?

Got me on that restaurant? Will have to check into that!

We go into town couple nights!
Bring swimming trunks the Hobo pool hot spring is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features