• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

iqr 800...for those who don't like tunnel ext's

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
here is my new toy for this year, been working on it for a month or so.....(no wife lol)
PA200540.jpg

PA200535.jpg

PA200537.jpg

PA200541.jpg

PA200539.jpg

PA200538.jpg

questions, opinions welcome (good and bad)

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
I like it, bigger pics would be nice

my bad
PA200549.jpg

PA200547.jpg

PA200546.jpg

PA200548.jpg

PA200545.jpg

PA200543.jpg

I bought this sled as an '06 iqr 440 off of tyson here on the forum on sept. 20th. it now has a non ves 800 sitting on Brad's plate, bulkhead cut out for oil injection. I chopped the tunnel extension and running boards off and fabbed up this new extension using polaris style factory edge roll for running boards. I built my own u-cooler which is integrated into the factory tunnel cooler. I couldn't make the stock airbox seem to work no matter how I cut and trimmed it so I built one out of aluminum instead. The side panel intake vent attaches directly to the side panel and a 3" aluminum tube joins the airbox to the vent. The tube comes off for access to the clutch cover. I am still waiting for some pre-filter from slp to cover the intake vent and to make a few more cooling vents. Gripper skis and a brand new pipe from Neil's Power Pipes should be here this week. Hopefully I will have some pics of it in the snow this weekend.:D

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
i want the seat. I have a boss seat cut to fit an IQR tank and a 05 IQR seat. I also have a near compleat front IQ suspension and tons of other goodies you might want.

Also, you need to make a whole bunch of those air boxxes and sell them! Mostly one to me, realy cheap, i LOVE it. IF anything sell me the part that mounts on top of the clutch cover and i can make the rest out of light weight plastic. ( i got a plastic welder...he he)

Pm me lets work somethin out.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I DIG your running boards. COOL IDEA!!!!!

Are you running coolant through the outside at all...I might have missed where you described that part of it.

Last edited:
P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
I own you, sorry but I really don't care for the look of the boss. If you can find me a factory seat the freestyle is yours. I would consider selling copies of the side panel intake if I had enough people to put in an order. I have to make it clear though, there are so many variations in engine mounting positions it would be very difficult to get the angle of the intake tube piece to fit everyone's individual application, and it would be absolutely impossible for me to make a complete system without borrowing your sled for a few days, which would be hard to do unless you were passing through Prince George B.C.

Scott, the original plan was to run the cooling through the boards, but I didn't like the way the edge roll bent with my cheap pipe bender so I welded my u-cooler directly to the factory coolers under the tunnel instead.

Last edited:
P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
thanks guys, you make me blush:eek: I got the idea to do the tunnel that way after that huge iqr thread a while back where somebody piped up that building an iqr with a tunnel extension was no good and you couldn't get the taper or the light weight of a v.e. tunnel with an extension. Well here you go, I have quite a bit of taper, not much dragging in the snow, and this set up is within 4-5 ponds of a v.e. Plus I will never have snow on my boards haha.

BeeDoo

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
UT
Is that tail light visible from behind? Looks cool regardless.

Nov 26, 2007
looks sick man!! what gauge of material did you make that out of? Do you have any concerns about the sides of the tunnel flexing or buldgeing given that all the rider weight is right onto those pipes that come out...not criticising at all, just wanted to do somthing similar and get some input...
Again sick work!!!

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
That's pretty badazz dude! How's the traction on those boards? I would almost weld on some upright tabs on the cross bars similar to the traction tabs on snow eliminators. Just my .02 :devil:

Premium Features