• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Attention 900 owners Please Help !!!

S
Feb 10, 2008
Hey guys i got a big problem. a couple of weeks ago my sleds thermostat broke in 2 pieces witch caused the thermostat to fail and overheat the engine. the sleds ecu did not retard the timing and shut the engine down till the temp was approaching 230 deg. nor did i notice a temp light until i felt the engine retard and i had been at 80% or more throttle since i was ridding at least 2ft. of powder and in upper elevation bowls. By the time i could shut the sled down it was already approaching 245 deg. this all happened within seconds after the sled first bogged down on me and temp light had come on.
Now the biggest problem the sled is an 06 900 159 bone stock with 786 mi. and one more year of warranty left so everything should be fine right?
WRONG!! my sleds 2nd and third year warranty is through a company that Polaris uses named GE and they dont cover thermostats or damage to engines resulting from failing thermostats and denied my claim.
where i need 900 owners help is if uve had engine overheating ocurrances in the past at what engine temp did your temp light come on and at what temp did the sleds ecu retard the timing or shut the sled off.Also were you ever given a copy of your warranty terms and conditions at time of sale or shortly there after?
Now i have a sled i paid 10,000 grand for only has 800 mi. on it one more year of warranty left kept it stock so as to stay under warranty always had my dealer service it garaged stored it and for what an extremely overheated top end and spun crank bearings with a 5000 dollar quote to rebuild my motor with no warranty coverage . Dont let this happen to you get informed about your warranty and what it covers and doesn't cover dont just take a dealers words for it like i did and be told over and over again your completely coverd for three years when your actually not and when something like this happens your sled doesn't just sit in a shop like mine for 4 weeks and nothing happens since i dont walk around with 5 grand in my pocket to fix it .
So please try to answer the above questions to the best of your ability . and thank you i really need your help! I'm one more American getting screwed by corporate America and a snowmobile manufacture that has left me high and dry but the monthly payment still has to be made on a sled thats now completely worthless.

Thank you !!!

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
. Dont let this happen to you get informed about your warranty and what it covers and doesn't cover dont just take a dealers words for it like i did and be told over and over again your completely coverd for three years when your actually not and when something like this happens your sled doesn't just sit in a shop like mine for 4 weeks and nothing happens since i dont walk around with 5 grand in my pocket to fix it .

You should ask the Polaris dealer to fix it because they "modified" the warranty when they said it covers stuff like this.

In california small claims court cost $50 and I would let them know its coming plus you'll be looking for a new dealer to have all your work and purchases for the future.

Premium Features