• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OH SNAP...

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
This should be fun to watch... keep it civil please people. (Gawd, I hate mud-sling campaigns and I BLEED Polaris).

But, to be fair...

I also noticed that they are comparing the PRO (premium model) of the Polaris to the base model of the XM??... and only have 5 comparison "points".

Isn't the Assault the RMSHA sled that Curtis and the others on the "factory" teams run? (not the QD equipped PRO-RMK)??

No doubt the PRO RMK is an awesome machine... but there IS NO denying that the XM Doo is amazing as well!!!

Ride what you got... and enjoy it!!!!

attachment.php

Last edited:

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
We all know there is no place for truth in advertising. :face-icon-small-win besides I think most people can look at the comparisons and see them for what they are.

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
Ya, they're reaching a bit with this one....bonded technology?!? Lol, since when did 'glued parts' become part of the buying decision? Gay.

Every time you knock your competitor you lose a bit of credibility, IMO.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Ya, they're reaching a bit with this one....bonded technology?!? Lol, since when did 'glued parts' become part of the buying decision? Gay.

Every time you knock your competitor you lose a bit of credibility, IMO.

Polaris definitely has the best, most aggressive --- advertising agency of the big three!!! Ha! Ha! :face-icon-small-hap

This ought to stir a few folks up! Have you seen the '417 reasons to buy a Pro' post in (I think) the Mountain/Deep Powder section? There's a few hundred digs on Polaris in there! Oh, and I bleed Polaris too! Love my sleds, all 9 of them!!

Not sure this ad will change anybody's opinion.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I do get a kick out of the brand bashing boyz and sallies.

It's about the dude/dudette behind the bars. Knowing how to setup, maintain, a sled for you and your chosen conditions also helps. After that, it's just locker room jack. And the OEM marketeers who promote this jack aren't gonna impress you behind the bars, either. Shut up and ride.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
The Pro is a great sled but I believe 4 of the things they talk about on there are extreme weakness of the Pro. Lightweight running boards?? Most people I know have to stiffen them up. Premium shocks??? Premium compared to what. Not many people I know of love the Walker Evans. Lightweight drive system?? The same drive system that was having belt problems all last year. Bonded technology?? Really the great bond made them have to put a collar to keep the drive shaft from snapping.

Pro is a great sled that is pushing other manufacturers to keep up but come up with some actual strong points of the Pro.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
That ad is about as informative as AC's video about weights of the sleds with snow on them. Absolutely no bias involved......lol

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
YES! this means I will be the best rider on the snow. I am psycic I knew I would be buying the best sled on earth. SAAAAWEEET. Let it snow so I can start whoooping up on all of you one by one. LOL

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
I am not a brand loyalist (as long as it's a Poo or a Doo) and own both. I've always felt that Doo has done a better job of marketing but it's interesting to see Polaris come out swinging like that.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Then again, which brand has won the last two Iron Dog races? Ski-Doo. As said before, the best sled out there should be the one you're riding. 550iq

S

snomac

Nov 26, 2007
Layton, Utah
I love my PRO, but I would also trade my bonded A-arms for real quality A-arms, where the special glue can't fail on me.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
This add kind of reminds me of the Yamaha add in the latest snowest. It claims a higher percentage of Yamahas made it over Jackson than any other brand last year which shows they are the best. Well when you only have 4 sleds there it still isn't very impressive. Not to mention none of them were stock. Marketing tries to spin even a complete failure into a positive.

Premium Features