• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vipec ECU

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
I wasted a bunch of time waiting for this thing to come out, not going to bash it but im not happy with the way push and vipec went about it. you know the old shipping next week storey for about a year, anyway went with ovs tial oiless and might have been the best thing I ever did. now here are guys that are there for you and I actually changes one setting .5 from what they told me to run and I havnt touched it since. So these boxes do work when set right. and one more point, I would waite and see what evo releases and there could be more bullydog boxes for way less money. but i'm sure the vipec works great and I heard they are shipping next week

Push turbo got the ECUS since mid-january 2013...Now the way they handled them is out of our control. We have arctic cat 800cc ECUS in stock ready to ship.

Vi-pec Powersports

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Push turbo got the ECUS since mid-january 2013...Now the way they handled them is out of our control. We have arctic cat 800cc ECUS in stock ready to ship.

Vi-pec Powersports

Like I said before, I have the Push-Vipec setup and got it in mid Jan. I have the benefit of having a good dealer that has been doing business with push from the beginning. Ken's turbo systems are probably second to none as far as fit and finish and construction. The kicker is it is almost a must to go through a dealer that has done the setups and has a good working relationship with push. Buying direct gets you almost no support when problems arise and I don't know why Ken even does it. He is always so busy and won't answer phone calls when he should. I don't think Vipec should be the ones on the hook for Push cause they delivered the product. Push probably should not have been advertising a product that was not fully tested. In the end, this is an awesome system that is ready to go this year. Problem is, it was advertised to be ready to go last year.

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
I also have a Push with the vipec ecu. The ecu is awesome, and the potential as to what you can do with it is way more than most would want or need. But you have to remember it is a standalone ecu, and it will only be as good as the programming you put in it. IMO unless a professional tuner has developed a map for your specific setup or you are a skilled hobby tuner with professional level skills don't go with the VIPEC because you won't be happy with the results. As far as only being as good as the map you put in it, the same can be said of pretty much all types of fueling options whether its a standalone, piggyback, or a reflash. Some are just a lot simpler to tune and get right for the average Joe.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
I also have a Push with the vipec ecu. The ecu is awesome, and the potential as to what you can do with it is way more than most would want or need. But you have to remember it is a standalone ecu, and it will only be as good as the programming you put in it.
You have to understand any type of fuel controller, piggyback or standalone ECU won't correct faultive turbo kit design or major design flaws...This being said, at least with a standalone you can apply band-aid all around blisters and have a decent running application anyway. The snowmobile turbo industry is very Young in the tuning world, the best is to come i am sure as more corporations with enormous tuning background are getting in. The real challenge ain't to produce ECUs ,fuel controller,or piggy...it is to find and train adequate people to become Professional tuners. For most based on urban legend( tuning is easy), tuning a 2 stroke turbo consist of a few button here and there......far more complicated then that. until powersports catch on automotive, we will deal with some issues !!! but hey, what a fun industry tough!!!

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
And to directly answer the OP's ? My sled has not been pull and go 100% of the time. I should have went with a boondocker or dobeck box for ease of tuning. The additional cost of the ViPEC would have been better spent on something else. But do to assurance from both PrecisionEFI and Push Turbo I bought the ViPEC and have been disappointed thus far with performance and reliability. Also as far as I know they have not yet got the knock sensor operational.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
And to directly answer the OP's ? My sled has not been pull and go 100% of the time. I should have went with a boondocker or dobeck box for ease of tuning. The additional cost of the ViPEC would have been better spent on something else. But do to assurance from both PrecisionEFI and Push Turbo I bought the ViPEC and have been disappointed thus far with performance and reliability. Also as far as I know they have not yet got the knock sensor operational.
Again, the ECU won't fix bad, non working design. We have tested push turbo kit for months and Ken made significant changes to his kit late last march to finaly get rid of the detonation problems the kit was suffering from. I suggest you call Ken and ask for the update on his kit (like a low compression head ect.) And you will have way better results.We do not control design and the testing done by turbo manufacturers, We help when help is asked for and we provide them with a real professional tuning/datalogging tool to achieve the best possible final product. Like in high school, some are doing their homework better then others.
Finaly, the knock sensor is 100% under control with every ECU we produce where OEM setup has one and you can add any additional knock sensor to any setup that as no factory knock sensor...the responsability for a working knock sensor and its sensitivity (yes you can also adjust the threshold/frequency of the sensor) goes back to the turbo manufacturer and his desire to have a working knock sensor. I will repeat it again, the industry is suffering from a lack of professional tuners and now that professional tuning tools are available, lots of guys need to re-think about what they thought they knew about.

vi-pec powersports

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Call ken?? I here that's a near impossibility! Does this guy know that he has alot of dissatisfied customers who have spent thousands of dollars on his product? Sounds to me like its time for someone to step up on customer service. Why do you (vi-pec) as a great company doing great things in tuning. Rely on this guy with known problems in customer service after the sale. To represent and sell your product!? I can't imagine spending $6K+ on a turbo kit and not have it running well and then not having the support to get it running well. Truly disappointing!!!

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Call ken?? I here that's a near impossibility! Does this guy know that he has alot of dissatisfied customers who have spent thousands of dollars on his product? Sounds to me like its time for someone to step up on customer service. Why do you (vi-pec) as a great company doing great things in tuning. Rely on this guy with known problems in customer service after the sale. To represent and sell your product!? I can't imagine spending $6K+ on a turbo kit and not have it running well and then not having the support to get it running well. Truly disappointing!!!
I certainly have to agree with you, Push turbo as some obvious problem with his customer service or at least problem with is time schedule!! Spoke to him today and he told me he will send every proclimb/m8 customer a "fixing kit" and a new mapping accordingly fixed...just hoping he will stick to his words. Vi-pec powersports does everything possible to bring to market the most reliable, professional and exciting product with the best possible customer service and we are expecting the same from our vendors and only time will tell wich are steping up to the plate...

vi-pec powersports

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
What a cop out! Who would want their product to be mis represented by a not so good company who had a not so good turbo design and the Vipec just uncovered all the design flaws......I'm sure glad I just stick with the kits that are proven and not the ones that try and reinvent the wheel.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
What a cop out! Who would want their product to be mis represented by a not so good company who had a not so good turbo design and the Vipec just uncovered all the design flaws......I'm sure glad I just stick with the kits that are proven and not the ones that try and reinvent the wheel.

Tru dat!!

Ovs and twisted come to mind when talking about a kit that Works works works!!! Wish the VIpec was on a system that worked very well before and just sweetens the package.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Tru dat!!

Ovs and twisted come to mind when talking about a kit that Works works works!!! Wish the VIpec was on a system that worked very well before and just sweetens the package.

They are, just not for cat owners yet. Hm turbos use vipec in ther poo kits. My guess is that their customers are happy with their kits.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk 2

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
There is nothing wrong with Push's turbo system. I rode this setup last year, and after it was dialed in ran great. Push wants to offer this kit to run on pump gas, hence the low compression head. I don't know why some of you guys insist on bashing a product you have never even been around. I have seen a lot of turbo systems work and not work. Seen almost every manufacturers turbo setup on the end of a rope. If you want a Push turbo, go through a dealer and you will have little to no problems.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
There is nothing wrong with Push's turbo system. I rode this setup last year, and after it was dialed in ran great. Push wants to offer this kit to run on pump gas, hence the low compression head. I don't know why some of you guys insist on bashing a product you have never even been around. I have seen a lot of turbo systems work and not work. Seen almost every manufacturers turbo setup on the end of a rope. If you want a Push turbo, go through a dealer and you will have little to no problems.

Don't be so defensive! It's not your company. Obviously you bought what you thought was good because your dealer steered you in that direction. For a guy with no dealer and has the skills and knowledge to install and tune on his own. Well PUSH is just out if the question for obvious reasons. It's not bashing. Its factual information about the company. If ken was good at customer relations. We wouldn't be talking about him.

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
To reiterate my original response. If a professional tuner has developed mapping for the ViPEC for your SPECIFIC setup then by all means the ViPEC is a great option, but don't expect to buy it, plug it in and tune it yourself unless you have pro level skills. I don't want to get into a debate about PUSH turbo as this is not the topic of the thread.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Don't be so defensive! It's not your company. Obviously you bought what you thought was good because your dealer steered you in that direction. For a guy with no dealer and has the skills and knowledge to install and tune on his own. Well PUSH is just out if the question for obvious reasons. It's not bashing. Its factual information about the company. If ken was good at customer relations. We wouldn't be talking about him.

Why is that. I installed the turbo myself. Plug in the Vipec with the program loaded and your good to go. The system should not have been released last year, but the testing is done and program developed. This year will work fine, and if there is a problem, the dealer should take care of it. Nice thing about the Vipec is if you are having a drivability problem you can record while you are driving it then send it to the dealer and they can diagnose over the web. Change some perameters and you download the new program. Once dialed in, leave it alone.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Why is that. I installed the turbo myself. Plug in the Vipec with the program loaded and your good to go. The system should not have been released last year, but the testing is done and program developed. This year will work fine, and if there is a problem, the dealer should take care of it. Nice thing about the Vipec is if you are having a drivability problem you can record while you are driving it then send it to the dealer and they can diagnose over the web. Change some perameters and you download the new program. Once dialed in, leave it alone.

That's funny you say that because I have a pure logic box and put in the base settings and had to make a couple minor adjustments and haven't touched it sense. Oh and it was about the sixth of the cost of vipec. Not knocking on vipec just saying that other boxes work just fine.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming

Some people don't have a good dealer anywhere close. I didn't go through a dealer to buy the OVS kit I bought. I bought it direct and delt with Travis and Garr direct. No message machine, no " can't get to the the phone right now". I called, they answered and walked me through whatever questions i had. Who better to talk to then the developers of the product? Great customer service is awesome to have. Poor customer service after thousands of dollars spent is SH!ty to say the least!
Can't wait for VIpec to partner with someone who can make the turbo, ecu one helluva nice package. Customer service included!

rabbit hunter

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2012
I road push turbos pro and cat 800 with vipec last march. The throttle response was unreal and the power was unbelievable on pump gas. It worked great from 6000ft at the trailer to 10000 plus up top. In my opinion pushes set up is definitely worth the money. Mine should be done next week.

Premium Features