• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Would 120 rails fit on a sno scoot?

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Convert it to a 121'

Convert it to a 121" it's not that hard to do. If you need a set of rails for a Scoot let me know, I have 3 sets laying around........we have converted 3 to 121s and all is good. PM me if you need some rails.

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
For a Long Track Scoot?

What rails did you guys use?

For the Long Track Scoots we used a couple of different kinds of rails. Did one with a set from a Ski Doo, did the other 2 with a set fron a Polaris Extra 10 suspension. The first one we built we used the Polaris Rails just because that what was laying around. Got a Ski Doo from a scrap yard fo $30 so we used them at the time. Bought a Polaris suspension set up at a swap meet for $20 so we used them. The way we build them we just use the rails, cross braces, & rear axle from the big sleds We use the suspension that is on the Scoot. If you go to http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253795 the pictures might help.

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Motor Work?

Did you guys do anything to the motor?

We haven't done anything to any of the motors yet.....but we do tune on the clutch. We lighten up the centrifical secondary. We gring off some of the weight on the brake shoe looking parts. One of the Scoots is getting kinda tired so it is on the list to get worked over a bit.....

srw

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Sno scoot track

I'm on Scott's comp
I am doing a tatou front track that was started by some one else.
(About 94 inches by 11.5 x 1 deep)
He slide stock rails back
I'm putting longer rails on
He commented on rpm.
Found Yamaha made high alt rollers.
Look on parts list
Not sure pitch is correct on track
Have 2.52 drivers and the track starts to climb on drivers and then pops into place
Was told rear track number on kit was 9970s but can't find any info on track or kit.
Front track had lighting Holes cut in to it so no parts number left.
I dOnT know iF thE scoot will pull a 121 track?

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Lighter Shoes?

What do you gain by lightening the "shoes"?

Lighting the clutch shoes just lets the motor get up in the rpms a little before the track starts moving. I have a good friend who had a couple of kids that raced Suzuki LT80 4wheelers, they have the same set up as the Scoots, he helped me mod the cluthes a bit to give the little engine a bit of a head start.

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Pull a 121"?

I'm on Scott's comp
I am doing a tatou front track that was started by some one else.
(About 94 inches by 11.5 x 1 deep)
He slide stock rails back
I'm putting longer rails on
He commented on rpm.
Found Yamaha made high alt rollers.
Look on parts list
Not sure pitch is correct on track
Have 2.52 drivers and the track starts to climb on drivers and then pops into place
Was told rear track number on kit was 9970s but can't find any info on track or kit.
Front track had lighting Holes cut in to it so no parts number left.
I dOnT know iF thE scoot will pull a 121 track?

Our Scoots with the 121 conversions pull the track just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl5e9QgqB30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zBrKvwmUMM&feature=relmfu

After this video was taken we installed a set of C&A Minis on it & it goes even better....

Sorry, but what is a tatou front track & Yamaha high alt rollers?? I want to help

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I am finding on Snow Scoot parts lists that there were high elevation rollers for the clutch. I wonder if that would help this thing run at 5000' better than the ones that are in it.

http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/wps/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=yamahasnow&A=48&B=12 Looks like part #13. If you look in the parts list, there are "standard" and "optional". I am guessing that the "optional" are the high elevation rollers.

Roughly how much weight did you take off the shoes? I can see how this would increase the engagement rpm, but would it let the motor rev higher on the top end?

Does anyone have a measurement from the bottom factory swing arm bolt to the rear wheel axle? I am getting a 121" put on this one and that measurement would help a bunch.

Thanks

U

utah340six

Dec 4, 2008
snosport

tatou was a track kit conversion for 4 wheelers.
they used a camoplex track front was aprox 94 inches long 11.5 wide 1 inch deep pluss
high altitude rollers for the scoot cluch.
hope it help with rpm engagement

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Measurement....

Does anyone have a measurement from the bottom factory swing arm bolt to the rear wheel axle? I am getting a 121" put on this one and that measurement would help a bunch.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hope this helps.......

016.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

Sorry I didn't get this sooner.......we have 3 with 121" conversions, we used 3 different sets of rails so the measurements are not the same. When we set them we set the track adjusters as short as they would go, so we had lots of adjustment. Sorry about the quality, the sleds are in the trailer & I took the pictures with my phone. hope this helps with you with a starting point. The snow is coming....

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Thanks for taking the time for the pictures. These will help a bunch.

I got the drivers pressed on last night so I am getting close to setting the track and suspension back under this buggy.

U

utah340six

Dec 4, 2008
scoot track

Thanks

Hope this helps.......

016.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

Sorry I didn't get this sooner.......we have 3 with 121" conversions, we used 3 different sets of rails so the measurements are not the same. When we set them we set the track adjusters as short as they would go, so we had lots of adjustment. Sorry about the quality, the sleds are in the trailer & I took the pictures with my phone. hope this helps with you with a starting point. The snow is coming....[/QUOTE]

did you have any issues with the inside of track rubbing on front part of track arm just before the front drivers ?
ordered track yesterday

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Track Rub????

Yes the track will rub on the suspension cross tube. On the first build I installed a Anti Stab kit from Mountain Machine. We modded it a bit, made a couple of brackets out of aluminum angle, used some small ubolts, it was kinda complicated but it looks cool but you cant see it after the plastic body goes on.......

023.jpg

025.jpg

On the last two we built we used a couple of wheels from the Scoot suspensoin. We made a cross shaft that goes through the wheels & is bolted where the front suspension bolts are. We turned the suspension bolts in but not tight & hit them with a hammer & poped off the welded nut on the suspension. The cross shaft with the wheels fits between where the suspension bolts together. The cross shaft has a threaded holes on both ends where we put bolts through the suspension holes and tighten everything up.

027.jpg

032.jpg

029.jpg

But there is one problem the track is really close to the upper suspension tube. We found out that the wheels we used are a little big. The track slaps the upper suspension cross tube when they ride through some rough stuff. We plan to find smaller wheels or maybe just use a tall bearing instead of the Scoot wheels.

035.jpg

Hope this helps........Build On!!!!!!!

U

utah340six

Dec 4, 2008
Look at 2000 yamaha 700 wheels are adout 2 inches around
I had same idea to use front bolt hole
Had cut to length and retaped .
Will post pics as it goes back together

Premium Features