• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost It fuels my RG Twisted Turbo

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I just completed one of my builds,its a M Series M1000 with a Twisted Turbo.Instead of running the fuel box that came with the kit I thought I would experiment so I bought and installed the Boost It fuel box...

So yesterday I went for a first ride in Revy with the Boost It crew,this was the very first time this sled has ever been on the snow.
Before we left the trucks Neil adjusted the box for the ride up,it ran real rich all the way up to the cabin on Boulder.

When we got to the cabin he leaned it out and we rode off the Sugar Bowl.
At Sugar Bowl Neil took my sled for a ride and spent tops 15 minutes tuning my sled.
My sled runs fantastic and I have the sore arms to prove it,it ran perfect for the rest of the day.

I am amazed at how well this sled is running for being a brand new build...not one issue at all!
The power of this huge turbo comes on nice and smooth and as soon as it starts building boost,it just kept on pulling...I am SO happy!!!

So there are other options for fueling your boost.....simple and fast!!

polishedaluminum013.jpg

polishedaluminum004.jpg

polishedaluminum011.jpg

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I never took any videos this weekend but will when I go out next week so here is a vid from Yamafest of one of the Mickus's on a TSS boosted Pro Climb with the Boost It fuel box.
I do believe mine is the first M1000 with the Boost It fuel box...

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Is this the sled you have for sale on here and Snow & Mud??????

I built two and have another that I am going to start next week.It will be getting a Boost It box.
This one is my personal sled and the one I have for sale has a Attitude Industries box on it....for now.
I am taking the Attitude box sled to Revy next week to do some tuning,if I can't get it tuned as fast or as good as the Boost It box sled I will be getting a Boost It box for it too.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
so this boost it system..is it just for turbos or can it be used as a NA fuel controller as well....and for the cat 800s or bigbores...??

your build looks great..!!

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
so this boost it system..is it just for turbos or can it be used as a NA fuel controller as well....and for the cat 800s or bigbores...??

It's for anything that is running out of fuel... Meaning its still using the stock ecu mapping for low speed or off boost situations. But has the ability to add additional fuel when on boost or transitioning. Typical sized big bores don't max out the stock system. And cost would be an issue for just a big bore when only slight alterations need to be made to the fuel map.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta

It's only for secondary injectors.The sled runs on stock ecu,once the Boost It box senses boost it starts adding fuel.
You basically have two settings,when to start adding and how much.
Boost It has a optional electronic boost controller that can be added that I am going to look into next for this sled.
It was fast and easy to get this sled tuned!
This is one fun arm stretching sled

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Congrats Dave, I wish I would have had time to take that beast for a rip at Sugarbowl. Nice to see the older cats rocking with Boost-It on them....

T

Turbo Monster

Nov 26, 2007
Hinton Alberta
I did'nt know they where building these for the M1000. I talked to him earlier in the year and was told they where not going to do anything for the M1000

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I did'nt know they where building these for the M1000. I talked to him earlier in the year and was told they where not going to do anything for the M1000
The reason we did not try the older M's is that we really didn't have the time. Our mandate is don't sell it unless you can test it, so when Dave called me and wanted to try one on his project, we agreed that I would be with him when he first had it together.
There was no doubt that we could do it, but it had to be tested first before we could sell it to the masses. I must admit that it was much easier to tune and ran better than I thought it would. I think it would be even better with a good intercooler and a cold air intake.
Because of the big motor and big turbo, it is very linear and doesn't give you that hard hit of a smaller twin, but before you know it your going like a rocket ship up the hill. This thing rips!
Congrats on the build Dave, it turned out awesome!

Premium Features