• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo M-series with single throttle body

K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
In the past on carb machines they would install the power jet before the turbo like this to get better fuel atomization....

I not sure this is really a benefit with the new EFI and such.....

One advantage I can see is eliminating leaky throttle bodies....

My cat throttle bodies have been surprising good but I have seen a few leak....

No need for a bov.....

A few questions.....

How responsive is this set up?

The reason I ask is because of the space between the engine and the throttle body and putting a turbo between the two..... When you cut the throttle you still have alot of air that is full of fuel.... The throttle body will definelty cut the flow of air but your engine is still sucking in this mixture...

Are you able to keep each cylinder tuned correctly with this set up?

interesting set up... Id like to see one run.....

Fuel is still injected at the motor not at the single throttle body. Their is no large mixture that is being pulled through.

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
single TB

Well i got an Email from my machinist and my intakes are on there way. I hope to see them next week. The one I installed on the M7 worked great. Good enough for the owner to flip it over backwards with the attack 20 still on and in powder position on Daisy Pass in Cook City. Its a 153 but still it was way cool. I have M8s and 1000s. I hope to sell some but if not I will just run them on mine and my friends stuff. :face-icon-small-ton

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
You mean like this?
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=171021&d=1331580904

Im intrigued with this idea. I have had no problems with boots, and only a bit with airbox issues, but this would eliminate both. Now that Lonnie has them available, i thought i would try one out.

Its a beautiful piece! I hope it works 1/2 as good as it looks. My M chassis will take a little trimming, but it looks like a slam dunk for a proclimb chassis.

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=171021&d=1331580904

Im intrigued with this idea. I have had no problems with boots, and only a bit with airbox issues, but this would eliminate both. Now that Lonnie has them available, i thought i would try one out.

Its a beautiful piece! I hope it works 1/2 as good as it looks. My M chassis will take a little trimming, but it looks like a slam dunk for a proclimb chassis.

I plan on getting one from Lonnie as well :bounce: I wanted to try all the updates to the proclimb first before I made my decision on keeping this chassis. Also December 11th might be a little late to start a build... Undecided :face-icon-small-dis

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
You mean like this?

Well, I've been trying out this setup....wow! I had problem fueling the off idle. After that, I couldn't be happier.

My PL box should be coming back programmed with some more fuel for the 3600-4200 rpm lean spot.

I tested the single throttle body at 6k ft and then 10k ft. I really like it. Even at high elevation, I was thinking about throwing more weight at my clutch. I'm looking forward to really putting this to the test. The on off throttle response and arm pull, puts a smile on my face

Good work, Lonnie!

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
My intake

I put one on my kids M7 with a comp oil-less turbo and man what a hoot! As Tony sno said it introduces so much air that I have add crazy numbers of fuel on the bottom and mid. I have 55lbs injectors with this and am running it at 8lbs of boost. So far very happy . I'm posting picks soon.

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
Intake turbo pics

001.jpg I plan on making a air box in a few days that pulles from the vents. I dont want some big air intake sticking out of my new hood.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Last edited:

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Lonnie that is awesome. Love the front mount turbo. Answers one of my questions to you in the PM I sent you about blockoffs for the extra injectors.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Very, very slick! I like that. Sure would like to see some video of that 1000cc screamer. :face-icon-small-win

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
Well Lonnie (Kingkat1150), I got back from Utah where OVS programmed my Pure Logic Box to handle the extra airflow down low......Perfection! This thing has the throttle response of carbs.....no more rubber tb boots to worry about...no more air box worries...life is good!

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
Single TB

Well thanks Tonysno,

I sure love mine and am installing my last few remaining ones from my first batch. I hope to have my final numbers together so I can make more very soon. If anyone is wanting to do this let me know .

Thanks
Lonnie :face-icon-small-hap

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
Single TB

I'm building two kits over the next week or so, one is a 2013 m8 with w/a intercooler. The other is the m7 in the pics . I am totally rebuilding the sled from the ground up with some cool parts. I will post some pics soon.

Premium Features