• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High idle on 2007 rmk

R
Sep 22, 2011
this sled is new to me this season. don't have snow to ride it yet but have been doing some work to it.

seemed to idle fine originally when I had the belt on.

shouldn't it idle the same with the belt on or off?

idle wants to slowly creep up to about 3k without the belt on. can't put the belt back on quite yet because i have the skid apart... but it seemed strange...

its a 2007 600 h.o.

G

GREICO1

Apr 12, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Check your intake carb flanges. They are notorious for being cracked. As for the belt changing the idle, if it is too tight and dragging, it is possible to have this effect without it on the sled.

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
Yes, it should idle the same with the belt on or off. The only thing that would make it idle different with the belt on is if the deflection was set too tight.

R
Sep 22, 2011
well I dug into everything and found a whole bunch of things screwed up. Throttle cable was good. intake boots are shot. there was silicone around then that the previous owner must have tried to use to seal them up. looks like there were new reeds put in because they look virtually brand new... BUT... one of the reeds had two little sticks in it. Actualy 3-4 inch twigs... WTF....

moving to the front of the motor the exhaust valves were both very dirty... and one of them the spring was rusted and broken so the valve was not even working. and it looks like the exhaust valve gaskets and the gaskets between the y pipe are shot... so once I swap all this for new stuff I hope it should run better haha

Premium Features