• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What size Turbo are you running.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-HSG-138&Category_Code=GCH

This converts an existing 2871 or 3071 to a 70 a/r housing using a 71mm x 56 trim wheel. I believe any 2871 or 3071 can use this housing. If the wheel on the existing turbo is not the right size for this housing, then buy one here.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...uct_Code=GRT-CWH-002&Category_Code=COMPWHEELS

--The above wheel listed in the link would need to be verified to match the above compressor housing as there are two 71mm x 56 trim wheels available. One for 3071 and one for a 2871, although the housing seems to fit both turbos, again, verify with ATP.
--2871 Hybrid--

53.1mm x 71mm diam.x 56 trim x .70 a/r // 53mm(hot side) x 76 trim(hot side) x .86 a/r (hot)

4 inch inlet and 2.5 inch outlet

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
I think mine is the second 2871 I listed, all these numbers are the same except for the .70 ar (cold side) How can they have the same numbers but diff A/R's

turbobygarrett.com

Look at the catalog and study it over and over....it is all explained there. .70 a/r is a ratio of the compressor housing, not the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
turbobygarrett.com

Look at the catalog and study it over and over....it is all explained there. .70 a/r is a ratio of the compressor housing, not the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you think I got the other info, I know what the 70 is, trying to figure out how the hybrid can have the same numbers but one is .60 and the .70 makes no sense if you know what I mean

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
I have run a 3071 for 3 years on a twisted kit from 11 to 20lbs on 112 at 7-10k feet. I did try a 3076 for two rides but I hated the bottom end. If I was racing I would run the 3076 on the twisted kit or a tial setup with a billet wheel on an OVS or Push kit. Otherwise the 3071 works great with the 1000 on boost levels for boondocking and racing between 11 and 16lbs really well. It is easy to clutch and gets great mileage

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
Nope, I think it's way bigger..... at least for the TM1200s.

The guy who has the hybrid 3071 turbo is Snowdevil. You might PM him to see if he can tell you more about it........... Shameless plug: I think he has the whole kit for sale in the swap meet.

S

SnowDevil

Nov 26, 2007
Portland
Nope, I think it's way bigger..... at least for the TM1200s.

The guy who has the hybrid 3071 turbo is Snowdevil. You might PM him to see if he can tell you more about it........... Shameless plug: I think he has the whole kit for sale in the swap meet.

shoot tony Ill have to go back and check it might be the 3076, the cold side is by hta which they actually mill out the compressor housing and then mate up a billet wheel of there design. Ive been on a handfull of 1200's and the billet wheel/housing makes big difference. As you go up in hta size the top speed gets better, as you go down the bottum end gets better. pick your poisen. Mine will pull your fricken arms off all the way to 70, and I have it set that way for a reason. couple changes of the pipe and compressor and the peronality changes. Its all about how much you want to toss at it, dumped a bunch of $$ its a blast to ride, dont think I have had a hill stop me other than my own doing!

and yes the setup is for sale, bent the bulkhead time for a new project.

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
I'm pretty sure you had the 3071 smaller .60 housing housing before your upgrade. I know it has a .70 housing now, but if I remember some of the coors conversations in Utah the compressor wheel was something between a 71 and 76. Now I'm really curious.

Maybe before you sell it we should measure it. What ever size it is, it's got crazy strong bottom end.

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
so, can you upgrade a 2860 to a 2876?
or????

im curious, it seems that the lower the elevation the bigger the turbo (2876) would be better.

i would like to try it just the same,

im sure i would have to change fuel settings a bit but other than that no other changes to the kit would be needed?

i have the 2860 and it ran best when i was in wy this past year at 10k and cold air.

here at home the oustside air temp is not as cool, so this year i am adding a cold air intake to it, but i would like to make the turbo change as well.

would any other changes need to be made to my kit?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
exhaust side is a straight bolt up.. so is compressor side.. the outlets are the same.. or close enough your couplers will allow for the change.

and cold air is key.... especially when you start compressing it!!

Premium Features