• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

a little silber 800 tuning help

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
Just waiting on a call back from Justin, thought i would see what everyone else thought.

sled seems to pull good up to wide open but once there after a couple seconds then it bogs, and the boost drops for a second, then back on for a couple seconds then off for a second, and so on... I have been dialing the blue/green down, but havent seen much change. do i keep dialing that down, try dialing down the red? something else?

also, when i am cruising and crack into the throttle, there is a slight hesitation, kinda like the stock 800s suffered from. any way to work this out of there?

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
have not replaced the fuel filter yet, pry a good idea though.
i think my starting numbers were awfully high, was leaning it down and got it running pretty good i felt. stopped to check things over, looked at the plugs, fired it back up and took it for a rip and was stumbling again. now, at idle, the box shows a solid green light and a solid blue light, they stay on up until yellow comes in. cant seem to find out what that is.

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
have not replaced the fuel filter yet, pry a good idea though.
i think my starting numbers were awfully high, was leaning it down and got it running pretty good i felt. stopped to check things over, looked at the plugs, fired it back up and took it for a rip and was stumbling again. now, at idle, the box shows a solid green light and a solid blue light, they stay on up until yellow comes in. cant seem to find out what that is.

I'm sure you know this but the blue light should only come on once it senses boost pressure at the reference fitting (usually between 1-3 psi it will turn on). You could try and disconnect the reference line, start the sled, and see if it still comes on? Perhaps the box needs a remap if it continues to be an issue.

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
it does it about every other start up. one time it will come on solid green on 1, solid blue on 8. shut it down and fire it back up and it will flash green on 1. when it idles in the green blue mode, it runs like crap when riding. when it idles in the flashing mode it runs good when riding. waiting for a call back from the man himself to get his input.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Holy crap, you have to go to school for computer programming to ride a sled anymore... :face-icon-small-sho

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
again and again and again!!!!! fuel box in problems send that **** away and buy another one! go with power commander v....so much more reliable, but still a damn piggyback!

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
how many miles on the fuel filter? mine did this same thing. pull hard for about 3 sec then a lean bog. plugged filter. replaced it and all was good.

Premium Features