• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cobra Track on IQR?

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Im putting 144" Ice Age rails under my IQR and was looking into track options. Im looking for a track that will do well enough in powder but wont give me any feedback on the trail. I also want to install a few studs and dont want them to get bent over. I was thinking the 1.352 lug height on the cobra would be my best bet. I really wanted the 1.5 freeride track in a 144 but it doesnt look like they make it anymore. Any other thoughts?:face-icon-small-hap
Thanks

Last edited:

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I'll sell ya the cobra track that comes with the '11 switchback assault when it comes in the fall! I want to put a 2" on right away, or the 146" comp track off my old assault... haven't decided yet. But if you want a 144 Cobra, I'll have a brand new one in the fall that i'll be looking to sell and buy a 2".

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
I'll sell ya the cobra track that comes with the '11 switchback assault when it comes in the fall! I want to put a 2" on right away, or the 146" comp track off my old assault... haven't decided yet. But if you want a 144 Cobra, I'll have a brand new one in the fall that i'll be looking to sell and buy a 2".

Hey if it works for u that would be great! When u get the track let me know cuz im definitely interested!

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Hey if it works for u that would be great! When u get the track let me know cuz im definitely interested!

Alright cool. I'll let you know when I get the sled. Not sure when all the Snow Check orders come in, around October/November? But I'll let you know for sure. Its going to be a LONG SUMMER....

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Alright cool. I'll let you know when I get the sled. Not sure when all the Snow Check orders come in, around October/November? But I'll let you know for sure. Its going to be a LONG SUMMER....

Yeah tell me about it! I feel the same way! I bought my new sled at the end of the season and its just sitting in my garage begging to be ridden!

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Yeah tell me about it! I feel the same way! I bought my new sled at the end of the season and its just sitting in my garage begging to be ridden!

Yea, I totalled my sled out west this spring (gravity + rocks = bent sled). Usually I have something in the garage to buy stuff for or stare at... but not this summer :face-icon-small-fro... o well new one on the way! I'm pumped

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Yeah u r buying the sled i was looking at buying! I wanted the assault switchback so bad but i told myself (well my fiance told me) there is no way i can pay 12Gs for a sled!

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I hope its sweet I hope the motor runs alot better than the previous 800. We'll see. 12G? ouch, gettin mine for 9689 + 5% sales tax. They were going for a good price (at least I think so) as snow check models. I wonder what they'll be in the fall when they go on the dealer floor.... I checked them out at the Green Bay dealer show, Black and Silver look sweet, didn't like the orange very much... Did you ever get to check them out?

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
I hope its sweet I hope the motor runs alot better than the previous 800. We'll see. 12G? ouch, gettin mine for 9689 + 5% sales tax. They were going for a good price (at least I think so) as snow check models. I wonder what they'll be in the fall when they go on the dealer floor.... I checked them out at the Green Bay dealer show, Black and Silver look sweet, didn't like the orange very much... Did you ever get to check them out?

Im hoping they run well, take away the bad rep polaris is getting. I saw the new sleds at the sneak peak at the snocross races in lake geneva. I went to my dealer and they quoted me around 11400, so under 10 is a great price! I liked the orange but the silver was sweet too! Maybe in a couple years i will be able to buy another new one! I bought my first new sled at the dealership i used to work at but i got it for a steal at the time. Bought a leftover 06 900 switchback for 6600 in 07. If i could get another deal like that there is no way i could pass it up!

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
I really like the Camoplast Crossover track for a 144 do all available in 2.52 pitch.

http://www.camoplast.com/tracks/tracks/crossover.html

Did well offtrail and really hooked up on the trail. I'm currently running the intense in the IQR and it is a great track as well but it's only available up to 136. I've heard nothing but good about the cobra but have no experience.

Its weird cuz when i looked at tracks last year the intense was available in a 144 and now this year its not. It upset me a little cuz i had my heart set on that track! Oh well. Im gonna run the cobra and see how it does, if i dont like it i can always try to sell it and get a little money back.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Intense 1.5" was never available in 144" configuration, 121, 136, 151 is all it came in. Would be a no brainer in 144" though.

Premium Features