• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS PROPANE TURBO KIT

S
Jan 16, 2008
The hard to start thing is kind of expected, it is hard to get the proper air fuel ratio when shut off, needs a few pulls to clear its lungs. Might get better if you do some tweaking with the mixture screw.

May also make a difference if you idle it 10 secs before shutting down, or kill it on the fly?

Has any body tried adjusting sparkplug gap. All things that make a huge difference in starting.

http://www.propanecarbs.com/questions.html

This site is very informative

P
Nov 9, 2009
series 53 areocharger

I just purchased an 08 m8 with the series 53 areocharger. This is my first turbo sled and I'm lovin it. Currently running 11 lbs boost on av gas. I'm very interested in the propane conversion. How much boost is the series 53 turbo capable of making on this sled? How much boost can I safely run on the 100LL av gas and how much boost can I run with propane? I'm assuming that you have to remove the stock gas tank and the lpg tank fits in its place. Can you post a picture of the sled so we can see how it looks?

Last edited:
D
Dec 5, 2007
Propane

Can you make a adapter so if you run out of fuel you can run one of those
1lb canisters of propane?:light:It would be easy to haul extra fuel then.

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
The 53 series turbo should not be ran above 9lbs of boost on a M-8. The starting problem on the LP sled has been corrected it was a leaking idle diaphram. The sled starts one pull with no problem know. The xp has not been done yet.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Are any close up photos ready yet? or when do you think we can see some detailed shots of the kit installed?

Another thing I really like is that this kit has nothing hanging off the handlebars.

Last edited:
Y

Yamaha_nisse

Sep 20, 2008
Pure -

I'm really in to propane now, I'm going to convert my Yam Vector.

Its only ONE problem, BACKFIRE!!!
I've been talking to some guys who convert GAS to LPG engines. But everyone told me, U CAN'T use the mixer setup (as you guys do).
It will backfire, and cause the engine to get damaged.

And.

Can you send a copy of the install manual to me?
My mail is hagelberg.n.rasmus@gmail.com

Thanks Rasmus

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!! I transferred parts of three rv/bbq tanks I had all into a forklift cylinder (same types of fittings as the kit will have). Had it on the scale and right when it hit 68.5 lb (35 lb empty weight plus 33.5 lb of liquid propane) the liquid hit the dip tube and started spitting out of the bleeder-FULL!

I thought that was going to be a lot harder than it was. It took awhile because it was my first time but I bet after only a little practice I could have it down to a few minutes, especially if the next days tanks are sitting inside the cabin all day or night at 65 deg and the sled tank is at 20 degrees.

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
propane sounds awesome. if you buy a new m8 and plan to ride it for a while you will actually save money in the long run if you bought this kit, as the higher price of gas will eventually be more money spent than 7000 for this kit. not to mention you wouldn't even have to mess around with ethanol anymore!

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
So far so good. Just got it tuned up. Taking it out this week to Powder King. Pulls hard and runs great, super easy to tune. I will post up some pics etc this week

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i would like to know how its working out for you guys.. i love propane on my homebrew 4 banger setup.. super easy to tune considering you only get 2 adjustments on the mixer. hopeing the 2 smokers like the stuff and last.. if they hold up for the ovs setups, im putting it on all my sleds.

Just got the refueling tank in the truck topped off for $2.25 a gallon.. sure beats race gas.. or pump.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Elbow deep in the install, mostly done, haven't had time to upload photos yet, soon. LP guy just left, needed my house filled and it worked out that I got the fuel system buttoned up last night so I could have him fill it while he was here. Hoping to pull the rope tonight and ride it thursday, lots of things to do yet though to make that happen...

Premium Features