• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Issues Need Help

C
Nov 12, 2009
Has anyone had any problems with the secondary belt adjuster comming loose? Mine came loose today and it won't stay on anymore. I screwed it back on and tappd it a little tight and same thing after one pull. Seems like its vibrating a lot more now also. I ride a 2009 Summit 800R 163 with 800 miles stock but have a DJ kit on the way. Anyone have any suggestions? I still have warranty on it but I would like to know where to start looking before I take it in to save some down time.

C
Nov 12, 2009
I was surprised that there wasn't any on it already. I found it strange though that I never needed loctite for 750 miles, and now it won't stay on for 30 seconds even after I tap it tight.

W
Dec 19, 2009
Zimmerman MN
Ski doo came out with an improved adjuster in mid 09 thats not supposed to come off. It's the one you can tighten with a crescent wrench. If the loctight doesn't work you can buy the new adjuster for $30 at the dealer

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
If you have the aluminum adjuster (with the 163 you probably do) it is supposed to be loctited and tightened to 70+ ft lbs. Installed properly they will NOT come out under use.

Premium Features