• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with RB3 and Stage 3 Supercharged Apex

Z
Nov 4, 2008
Wisconsin
Just wondering if anybody has any insite in getting my RB3 set up correctly it is on a stage 3 supercharged apex running bigger injectors 565cc at 24lbs of boost. No matter what I do I cant get the machine to start and idle when cold. The only way it seems to work is if I take a ton of fuel out when I start the sled and progressively put it back in while idling until the sled warms up then it will idle. I go from -50 to -10 when cold is there a right way to set the RB3 up with bigger injectors?

Thanks

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
What's your fuel pressure at idle? I'm clueless on supercharger stuff (I wish Hammer would get back in here more, dude's a genius) but I would guess you are running some kind of rising rate fuel pressure regulator with that kind of boost. So maybe setting your pressure back to stock or even below stock with those big injectors may be the answer. Then you'd have to add fuel back in on top with your controller. Like I said, clueless with superchargers but might be a good place to start? The only experience I've had with a stage 3 charger was watching some very well tuned ones run in WY last year. Those things were the nastiest sounding sleds I've ever seen or heard. Good luck!

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
RB3 on Apex stage 4 injectors

Make sure to set your load voltages at 1.25 and about 4.45 with 3 bar map sensor.
Remember load sets which colum it will start and idle.
If needed set next colum top cel at low percentage of fuel as it won't matter after started.

Premium Features