• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro MCX Over boosting!!!

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Running the 240 kit and in the process of setting it up. Elevation about 1900ft. First couple of rips it was pulling like 17 lbs. !! So tried extending the wastegate rod 5 full turns now it is pulling 15 lbs. Extended the rod 3 more turns and it is still at 15 lbs.

This kit is only supposed to be 10 - 14 lbs max. There is hardly any more room for adjustment.

Any Ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks

A

aart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
if you open waste gate to much it will equal poor bottom end. the gate needs to be closed at idle, you should be able to put the connector on without opening gate. do you not have another controller?

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Yeah have another solenoid, gonna try a mechanical boost guage to see if the electrical guage is correct, sure feels like 15 lbs. though.

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
I have an mcx 270 on my nytro and im having the same issues as you. Im not using the automatic altitude compensator from mcx, I do however have it plugged in just not in line between the turbo and wastegate. Im using a turbo smart boost controller and have adjusted the hell out of my waste gate to only see 15 psi on my guage. Im wondering if I might have messed up something in my waste gate? That seems to be the only reasonable explanation. I think I might take mine apart and see whats going on in there.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
yeah I have heard alot of guys switching to a manual boost controller, I am using a Turbosmart E boost 2 electronic controller it works great! and boost is a couple buttons away!

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
The turbosmart boost controller won't allow you to adjust the boost lower than the wastegate setting. You have to lengthen the rod to get it lower.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
The turbosmart boost controller won't allow you to adjust the boost lower than the wastegate setting. You have to lengthen the rod to get it lower.

Yeah but it will work correctly and actually open the wastegate to lower the boost.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
have you tried running it with just a hose...no controllers or tvc or anything? If it runs 15 still then the rod is to tight....how far do you have to pull it out of the actuator to get it to drop on the pin? Did you read my thread from a few weeks back? Had similiar issues....do a search and have a lookie.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
OK Nevermind we figured it out the Autometer digital Boost guage isn't correct, hooked up an old fashioned analogue guage it is reading 10 when the digital is saying 15.

Premium Features