• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Boosted Nytro Front Shocks!

Best Shocks on Boosted Nytro for Boondocking?

• Fox Float 2

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Z Broz

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Ohlins

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E

endeavorslc

Jan 11, 2008
Billings, MT
This is an extension of another threads question about Front ends and it was clear we should have a poll for what shocks should be used for boondocking applications.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
My vote went for Float 2s, they get the job done, drop some weight..but still are not the 'best' shock for EVERYTHING. They do have a fair price tag compared to other options.

I haven't rode Float X's, but if they work more like a spring'd shock, they would probably be the ticket.
The Float 2s still have a bit of 'bouncy bouncy' to them compared to a springed shock.
But I think for the majority of riders, they'd work just fine.

For bigger hits/drops, sounds like the X's or a springed shock would be the better option.

So, like everything in snowmobiling, personal pref and riding style are large deciding factors IMO...

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Yup that is the same thing I found out. I was wondering if the newer fox or the Z's would not dive if the sway bar is out?

If you are running Floats and pull the sway bar, the sled will dive real bad to the down hill side. On our Nytro, we run the Floats with the bar, it seems to ride nice......

S
Mar 26, 2009
Puyallup, WA
I run Float X with no sway bar. Im at 95 psi and have no problems with dive. There is enough compression and rebound adjustment with the resivor, that it makes the higher psi still feel soft.

R

Rhinohunter

Jan 2, 2008
Emigrant,Montana
I'm running the floats with no swaybar and it sucked so I put the fett brothers air tanks on and after one ride it's alot better will know a little more after a couple more rides and playing with the air pressure.

E

endeavorslc

Jan 11, 2008
Billings, MT
Fox Question?

It sounds like the Fox Floats are out. Question is do you go Float 2's or Float evol R's with a Barkbuster front end wide stance? I was just looking at Z Broz and it looks like they no longer sell there A-arm kit for the nytro plus there shock looks quite heavy. Can anyone comment on the Z Broz Xo shock weight?

Thanks,

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Exit shocks weigh 7lbs each. Triple rate spring shocks are good for what they are intended for, but they are not a light weight application.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I'm running the floats with no swaybar and it sucked so I put the fett brothers air tanks on and after one ride it's alot better will know a little more after a couple more rides and playing with the air pressure.
are they the stock floats? have you revalved them?
I run the stock floats on my mtx. I had them revalved by pioneer performance but I have yet to ride the sled yet. Hopefully will know this weekend.

The floats do pretty good. Though for boondocking what do you really need?

R

Rhinohunter

Jan 2, 2008
Emigrant,Montana
are they the stock floats? have you revalved them?
I run the stock floats on my mtx. I had them revalved by pioneer performance but I have yet to ride the sled yet. Hopefully will know this weekend.

The floats do pretty good. Though for boondocking what do you really need?

No I haven't had them revalved, I thought I would try the air cans first. So depending on how well I get them to work then I might try revalving.

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
i like my float 2 on my sled. 2010 and no sway bar running 80 psi. little soft for my fat ***. just have to play with the pressure.

xtrememotorworks

Powersports Performance!
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Wa
www.xmrinc.com
I can tell you nothing can compare performance wise to the Zbroz set up. Strength, ride quality and they look really cool:D They still sell everything you need to widen out a Nytro, been dealing with the Zbroz for years in hillclimb racing and they know there stuff and have great customer support! Running there 45in front end on our Nytro/IQR

resized 15.jpg

Premium Features