• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

custom front mount nytro

S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
there are a few viewers and no comments, ok lets see what happens this time around. I will start the comments off, i dont know um looks ok. it looks like you combined a couple of your turbo kit attempts. and came up with this. seems ok, nothing really appeals to me like wow thats nice, header is ok down pipe ok, intercooler ok i guess. it all looks functionable just not the nicest. what ever came of the impulse replica? is it out on the snow?, would like to hear the running feedback. good work.

Z

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
Looks ok. Nice install, not easy to fabricate everything in house and get it to work. But does it work?? The setup and how its tuned is what matters. What fuel controller do you use??

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Guess I can say good job for trying something on your own. Might want to do some more practice welding before buidling something. That's my advice.

Welding looks pretty damn good to me Lunch Box.....and I have seen his work in person.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
looks good. hope it works good, looks like you put a lot of work into it. when will you have ride reports? My friend tried the same project, he runs a impulse now

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
there are a few viewers and no comments, ok lets see what happens this time around. I will start the comments off, i dont know um looks ok. it looks like you combined a couple of your turbo kit attempts. and came up with this. seems ok, nothing really appeals to me like wow thats nice, header is ok down pipe ok, intercooler ok i guess. it all looks functionable just not the nicest. what ever came of the impulse replica? is it out on the snow?, would like to hear the running feedback. good work.

First of all spooled my rear mount was not just an attempt i had 1400 miles on that kit and worked flawless. Second the reason for changing my kit is i wanted the spool of a front mount. I was gonna build a complete one off kit but i didnt want my sled down and the snow started falling so i did use parts of my other kit to get it going. Im not finished. thanks for your word! my buddies front mount kit works awesome also had a few lil bugs to work out at the start but other then that has been flawless at 300 miles or so. when u build your own kit there gonna have bugs if u copy or not. iv never seen pauls kit in person so all of my buddies kit is my own demensions and own special features. thanks sledhead162

Last edited:

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Guess I can say good job for trying something on your own. Might want to do some more practice welding before buidling something. That's my advice.

I guess u can ;) thanks for the advice y dont i lay down some mig welds and tig welds and post them then see what u can say?

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Looks ok. Nice install, not easy to fabricate everything in house and get it to work. But does it work?? The setup and how its tuned is what matters. What fuel controller do you use??

yes it does work so far very well thanks for the comments. Im using a attitude box.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
welds

Don't get worked up over what someone says about the welds. I do agee with them they are not the prettiest welds I have ever seen. But on the other hand they do look to be functional and strong and should do the job. Tig welding aluminum is a real art. I myself cannot keep a nice uniform bead for long distances but I can sure post up a picture of some very nice welds if people want.

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
What are you using for a fuel tank?

M5

ps You must be a glutton for punishment. LOL

For right now i just moved my stock tank back 6 inchs to make sure all is gonna work then i will build a fuel tank that fits kinda in the stock spot but is a lil longer towards the back of the sled. Its all cool i love it haha

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Once you delete the stock exhaust system and go to a lightweight skid, this area is the logical place to put the fuel tank from a weight distribution perspective.

Last edited:

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Don't get worked up over what someone says about the welds. I do agee with them they are not the prettiest welds I have ever seen. But on the other hand they do look to be functional and strong and should do the job. Tig welding aluminum is a real art. I myself cannot keep a nice uniform bead for long distances but I can sure post up a picture of some very nice welds if people want.

I guess i should of asked which welds he was talking about because i built that intercooler which was my first thing building anything out of alum, after about 5 hours of practicing tig welding. thanks

I
Nov 26, 2007
This thread perfectly demonstrates why this forum sucks now.

A guy starts a thread on his custom turbo setup and it turns into a show and tell about who can weld better?

If you don't have something positive to add go kick your dog, put don't post on here. We don't want to hear it.

L
Nov 26, 2007
Sherwood Park, Alberta
This thread perfectly demonstrates why this forum sucks now.

A guy starts a thread on his custom turbo setup and it turns into a show and tell about who can weld better?

If you don't have something positive to add go kick your dog, put don't post on here. We don't want to hear it.

Easy there cowboy, sledhead162 asked for opinions and I gave my opinion about how the welds looked. He asked me to show some pics of my welding capabilities before making a comment so I did. He asked for opinions, so he is going to get both good and bad and im sure he is fully aware of this. I gave him credit for trying something new and building his own setup, just said that his welding needs some work.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Easy there cowboy, sledhead162 asked for opinions and I gave my opinion about how the welds looked. He asked me to show some pics of my welding capabilities before making a comment so I did. He asked for opinions, so he is going to get both good and bad and im sure he is fully aware of this. I gave him credit for trying something new and building his own setup, just said that his welding needs some work.

Justify it all you want, you were being derogatory and we both know it.

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
lunch box where did i ever ask for your opinion or comment and to see your welds? what welds need work u never stated? just wondering i know its not the topic.

Last edited:
Premium Features