• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch issues

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
Went out for my first ride of the season today and the sled ran great but it is really slow coming back down to idle when you let off and my primary clutch is so hot you cant even touch it. also when you hit powder and loose snow it doesnt stay on the powerband smoothly. is serges really bad.

V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
I'm guessing you left the 420 mains in ........ if so you might have to much fuel causing the surge on top. See BJ's advice in the thread "can to much pin weight alone cause this". He talks about the surge being related to over fueling (one possibility) I ride 3-6k feet with 390 mains. 420 in Montana would be pig rich.

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
thats what i thought but ive riden twice so far and the plugs are always a real nice brown color. i found it was bouncing off the rev limiter. just turned the bolts on the primary from 6 to 1 and it quit.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Whistler, BC
did you end up solving that air leak problem you were having?
or does it still feel like the throttle is sticking? also did the throttle sticking feel like it went away as you were going up in elevation?
Just wondering if you are having the same problems as me.

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
i found out it was my primary clutch. the rollers were sticking. and i read your post and when you do your rebuild i would throw some rich jets in to be safe and check the boots really closely. i feel for ya. no fun to watch a freshly rebuilt motor go

Premium Features