• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Factory Straps IQR 800

I

IQmodster

Jan 4, 2009
In the cold
Can anyone post a picture of their 800 mounted in a IQR chassis?

I am having trouble. I have the hoop, steering post, stock plates and 1 1/2" spacers. Still, the engine is too far forward and high. If I tightened it down I couldn't mount the primary clutch.

What is the deal? I can post a few pics too. ANYONE?

Thanks a ton.

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
iqr1.jpg

IQR2.jpg

oldpics368.jpg

100_0788-1.jpg

I

IQmodster

Jan 4, 2009
In the cold
Thanks

How thick is the plate 1 1/2"? Do you have a pic from the primary side? It seems like mine is sitting too far forward, primary is jammed to the frt clutch gaurd mount.:confused: I will get a picture and show you what is up. I am not running oil injection, so cutting shouldn't be an issue. Are you running the stock torque arm and push arm? Thanks for throwing those pics up!

T
Nov 26, 2007
Is it hitting the bellypan? Or the top of the belt gaurd? I do believe you have to remount the clutch gaurd higher due to the higher mounting of the engine. This is of course if you are converting from a 440/600.

You should post up the part # of your straps.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
You could buy the mounting straps from 1200 psi. He makes any plate to fit any motor in a IQR chassis.

I

IQmodster

Jan 4, 2009
In the cold
Straps

Here are some pics of my situation. I think everything will work if I move the clutch guard mount up. Not sure about the push arm and torch arm. Seem off alignment up and down. I moved the push arm up and I think by drilling new holes it will work fine....but the torque arm on the other hand???

'06 IQR build 2009 029.jpg '06 IQR build 2009 031.jpg '06 IQR build 2009 030.jpg

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
happylilcuss

Did you have to cut your bulk head on the clutch side, to make it work with a 1/2 plate?

Ok there's not a lot of specific info in here, let me break it down.

If you are using the factory mod straps, or 440 strapped drilled to fit, you need a 1.5 inch spacer to bring the motor up. Even then you still need to notch the bulkhead on your clutch side to clear the push arm bracket and block, and move your clutch gaurd up. If you look at the belly pan on the inside you can see there's plenty of room to re-mount it, I think around 1.5 inches above stock.

If you use the factory straps you will also need to buy the mod steering post. You will also need to do one of two things: buy the factory mod steering support in order to clear the exhaust valve, or cut your stock support, bend a new bar and weld it in.

You will need the '01 RMK 800 or '03 pro-x 800 carb boots to clear your jackshaft and some K&N angle filters or shorty kickazz or similar in order to not rub holes in them.

Some of these guys are talking in reference to "the plate" and they are talking about Brad @ Power Addiction's motor plate, which places the motor lower, and more to the left side of the chassis. This allows lower center of gravity and use of the stock steering post but poses more problems for jackshaft and y-pipe clearance later on.

I see what parts you are using but I wanted to post the info here so later when people search for it, it's all in one place. All you need to do is cut a triangle shaped notch out of your bulkhead, make a plate for it and weld it in, good to go. Try to use a button-head cap screw when you attach your front push arm bracket to the block, clearance is going to be tight. I'll take a couple pics tomorrow when I'm back in the shop just to clarify.

Last edited:
I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Oh and I usually move the rear torque stop a little so it mounts nice and even with the flat spot on the case, just drill a new hole and use a Nyloc on the backside

Every chassis seems to be a little different so you might have to play with a washer or two to get your C2C right. :beer;:beer;

I

IQmodster

Jan 4, 2009
In the cold
Thanks, all this info has been a great help. Now all I need is snow...oh, and we get very little here so.....out west we go. Thanks everyone!

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Thanks, all this info has been a great help. Now all I need is snow...oh, and we get very little here so.....out west we go. Thanks everyone!

No problem.

I think everywhere BUT Alaska is having a good snow year this early. Usually I've been riding for 2 weekends at this point in the year but it looks like it will be a few more weeks before I throw a leg over anything, no snow to speak of. Enjoy your sled, they're so much fun with an 800 or bigger:beer;

N

Niedet

Jan 23, 2009
Heres a pic of how my 800 sits, a bit different from the Polaris stock mount ;)

29041122.jpg

29041123.jpg

Maybe not that much help but just to show a another mouting version :)

Premium Features