• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dirt Bikes

T

The Boondock Saint

Nov 18, 2008
Salt Lake City, Utah
I posted this in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread and it was probably a little out of place so I will start a new thread so I dont hijack the other one.

Is anybody selling a 2006-2008 CRF450 or YZF450 for a decent price? I may be interested.

Im also just getting into dirt bikes so do any of you have some advice and what bikes would be good to buy and what to stear clear from? Also any advice just in general about the sport for a newbie?? Thanks in advance.

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
If you plan on doing track, or riding the dunes, I'd say get the R model. If you plan on mountain's, & single track, I'd go with the X model, or the WR. The race models are a little funner IMO! KTM makes a model for every kind of riding imaginable. 2 stroke, & 4 stroke.

If you get a 450, enjoy the perma grin. It's almost like sledding.

T

The Boondock Saint

Nov 18, 2008
Salt Lake City, Utah
I will be riding mostly in the mountains and take a couple trips to the dunes.. As of right now I dont think I will be riding on a track much but that might change after I get a little more comfortable riding..

What are the differences in the models that you mentioned? Which models would best suit mountain and dune riding?

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
i have a 2007 YZ450F i will let go for 4500

around 100 hours on it.

Extras: Rekluse auto clutch (z-pro), Acerbis hand guards, kickstand, motobillet spark arrestor, renthenal chain/sprockets (3 rides on them, 13-51 gearing for mountains), Michelan starcross tires (3 rides on them).

Bike is in excellent shape. Oil/filter and air filter changed every two rides.

phatbikesmall.jpg

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
look on KSL. used dirt bike section

I've had a few bikes in the last couple years....my thoguhts

the race 450s (450R or YZ450) are perfect for the the dunes and open trails....take these bikes to a nasty switchback slow single track and you wont have much fun...these bikes will not crawl:(

the trail bikes (450X or WR450) are a great bikes for the trails

the old 250 2 strokes are ideal for single track, they can crawl almost to a stop and not die....but they have the top end like a 4 stroke does...understand you can get a good used 250 2 stroke for $2,000 all day long....tons of them on sell in the KSL classified

the honda shop in orem has new 2008 CR450R for 4,400.....i know that sounds crazy but its the market we are in

also, PM indyman96, i know he has a great running 2006 YZ450 he might sell for a great price...

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Sounds like there is somebody out there besides my hub that likes to check KSL out. :D:D:D

That is the place to look..........;)

I thought you said indyman96 just had a scooter? Does he really have that bike?

I
Dec 12, 2007
Layton, UT
indyman96 traded the scooter for a 12 pack of brew and some playgirl mags a few months back...he always had a 450 and now has a 250 2 stroke

KSL rocks!!!!

Your new screen name should be mulligan man. The dude beats me by 1 stroke and thinks he tiger woods. I guess if you take that many free balls you save money on the driving range.

I
Dec 12, 2007
Layton, UT
Sounds like there is somebody out there besides my hub that likes to check KSL out. :D:D:D

That is the place to look..........;)

I thought you said indyman96 just had a scooter? Does he really have that bike?

Yes i did have a scooter i commuted on everyday last summer when gas was high. Its now sold. Hatch is just a straight up hater. And thinks boost compensates for lack of skill.

I
Dec 12, 2007
Layton, UT
I will be riding mostly in the mountains and take a couple trips to the dunes.. As of right now I dont think I will be riding on a track much but that might change after I get a little more comfortable riding..

What are the differences in the models that you mentioned? Which models would best suit mountain and dune riding?

In Utah you pretty much have to have 2 bikes. Unless you're like UTrider and hate everything but trails. If you ride a 450r on single track, you'll look like Hatchers, and trust me, you don't want to look like that.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Your new screen name should be mulligan man. The dude beats me by 1 stroke and thinks he tiger woods. I guess if you take that many free balls you save money on the driving range.

oh sweat mother of mary...that lose is really eating you up huh

we go into the 18th hole today and hes up 2 shots, i look indyboy straight in his boyish eye with "you're going down boy!"...he locks his legs together to help stop the yellow fear flow...i felt bad for the young lad and only 2 putted while he putted around the green 7 ****in times like a blindman with no arms...

Last edited:
K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
I have a 2006 YZF 450 in excellent condition with a spare paddle ill let go for $3400

Is this the same bike that got its a$$ handed to it up sand mountain by a honda with a knobby tire?:D
Even red plastics can't fix that:rolleyes:

These guys are right on the crf not as user friendly in the tight stuff... I still chose my crf 90% of the time on single track... Only been on a couple trails where I was smoking the clutch and wishing I had an XR.

Hatchers bike probably still has paint on the footpegs... I don't think he uses them;)

Premium Features