• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So much for Conceal Carry in National Parks...

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
So what happens when you have to drive through a park to get somewhere? So I pack my 27 through jackson, but then can't have it in the park, but can have it in Dubois... where am I supposed to put it while I go through the park?

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
One of the real motives was hidden in the end of the article:

"This decision by the courts reaffirms our concerns, and the concerns of park rangers across the country, that this new regulation . . . has serious impacts on the parks and increases the risk of opportunistic poaching of wildlife in the parks, and increases the risk to park visitors," Faehner said.

I am sure the guy running around with his revolver or 1911 is looking for a new wall trophy

People forget where they are at!

E
Nov 26, 2007
Covington, WA
So what happens when you have to drive through a park to get somewhere? So I pack my 27 through jackson, but then can't have it in the park, but can have it in Dubois... where am I supposed to put it while I go through the park?

Check the local rules but here in wa it has to be un-loaded, out of reach, and dismantled if possible then you can travel through.

I really don't care about the law, I will protect my self and family.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Heck, they were telling me, you should check with every Forest Service, cause even some National Forests don't allow concealed. National Parks??? how would someone go about shooting a animal in a National Park, wouldn't that be a little suspicious?

T
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River AK
One of the real motives was hidden in the end of the article:

"This decision by the courts reaffirms our concerns, and the concerns of park rangers across the country, that this new regulation . . . has serious impacts on the parks and increases the risk of opportunistic poaching of wildlife in the parks, and increases the risk to park visitors," Faehner said.

I am sure the guy running around with his revolver or 1911 is looking for a new wall trophy

People forget where they are at!

No, the real motive here is slowly decreasing gun rights 'till there is nothing left. This is ridiculous, what are they afraid of?

Premium Features