• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gauging interest for primary balancing in central Canada

U
Feb 21, 2017
Saskatchewan
I inquired at a machine shop that does dynamic balancing of industrial equipment about balancing my primary clutch. He wanted me to ask and see what type of interest there may be in getting set up to do this. I know it is probably best to send it to Inydan to be done, but the shipping there and back plus the complication of border charges just doesn't suit my needs if I can get it done somewhat local. It's located in Saskatchewan , is there anyone else out there that would be interested in this service? I told him I would get back to him next week

U
Feb 21, 2017
Saskatchewan
I agree

Would be nice to have a place in Canada that can do this. Might be better to post in another section.

I will do that. Figured I would post it here since most everyone here has it on their to do list and I couldn't find anyone close that could do it. Hoping I can help out fellow Canadian sledders along my way to making this thing reliable.

Cheers!

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
I've used BeL Engine Services in Edmonton, AB to balance 3 clutches so far and have been happy with their customer service & workmanship. Only downside is that the clutches were balanced as a complete assy. & not individual components. So, changing belt to sheave clearance down the road may require rebalancing.

IMO, there would be an opportunity for a shop, north of the boarder, to offer a full clutch service. I.E. Assy./Disassembly, machining of sheaves, replacement of wear components, balancing of individual components, belt to sheave clearance adjustment, final balancing, etc.

FWIW, with the CAD where it's at now, the cost of sending a clutch south for full service is comparable to the price of new.

Premium Features