• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I tried out a Doo

M

misssledderki

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 14, 2009
Flathead Valley, MT
www.youtube.com
You've all seen me on my Polaris Pro. For those of you who didn't know, I actually came off of M Chassis Arctic Cats.
Well after all the years I have been riding, I had never had more than 10 minutes on a Ski Doo. They never worked for me and I had a big mental block.
This last weekend I was offered a Demo on a 2014 Ski Doo XM 800 with a 154 inch track, oh and had ELECTRIC START.
I brought my GoPro's and wanted to capture my ride.
There was a HUGE learning curve for me. Lets face it, I've got now 3200 miles on my Pro and jumping on anything is gonna be a rodeo!!
I fought the Doo both mentally and physically for just a couple hours before it "clicked" with me.
Now want you all to know, I'm not trying to sell one chassis/brand vs the other. We all know they just WORK it's what you want to go with. That being said, I did end up enjoying the '14 Doo, in addition to I still love my Pro, and I've got numerous hours on the Pro Climb Chassis Cat!
So just wanted to share with you ladies my little demo from this last weekend!
Enjoy!!

W

Wowmom

Feb 10, 2013
Texas
Nice video. I purchased a 14' Doo today, cannot wait until next week when I get to see (and ride) it! Made the mistake of riding a friends, my poor husband wasn't planning on getting me a new sled.... Yet!

M
Nov 15, 2009
Twin Lakes, Idaho
Hey ladies

Picked up an XM over the weeked. Been 8 years on an M Series. Any advice u want to throw out on the transition to this new platform would be great. First ride will be this weekend!:face-icon-small-blu

M

misssledderki

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 14, 2009
Flathead Valley, MT
www.youtube.com
First off congrats!
Advise from me coming off the "stable" platform of the M-Series chassis:
Less muscle the better!
These new machines will FALL on their side if you pull too hard. Finding the balance point will take you a few rides, so don't get distressed! Really learn to use your weight in your feet vs. lots of throttle to maneuver the sled.
The throttle is your friend! The E-Tec power is very smooth and super forgiving! Give it too much and she will climb out of your hands!
Stay away from the Mountain bar! With proper shock set up you can easily make the machine turn.
Think that's all I've got for you!
Just be very patient with yourself and the sled!

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Here is a little tidbit I found out...

Often the bar set up is too high, either set up that way from the shop or just plain too tall for a shorter rider!

It will give you leverage in the meadows but will make it VERY tough to get that front end to do what you want when you're climbing hills... If you find yourself actually having a hard time turning out before you get stuck or having the sled NOT want to stay in a side-hill and just wanting to turn uphill and climb consider looking into what position your bars are forcing you to be in!

M
Nov 15, 2009
Twin Lakes, Idaho
We did some tweaking on the bars and suspension last night but of course hard to tell until u get out in the snow. Heading to Avery tomorrow. Sheffy said they were getting some good snow so this will be a blast. Wish me luck!

We did some tweaking on the bars and suspension last night but of course hard to tell until u get out in the snow. Heading to Avery tomorrow. Sheffy said they were getting some good snow so this will be a blast. Wish me luck!

Hoping to head down there next weekend, let us know how it is! I have a 13 XM and also found lowering the bars definitely helped me. I recently got the adjustable riser and love it! Have fun!

captain x

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
lewiston, idaho
AVERY ?s

Hi

Just curious....what type of riding in the Avery area? Trail system? Open areas for playing? Can you sled form town?

Accommodations?

I have never heard of anyone riding out of Avery?

thanks

M
Nov 15, 2009
Twin Lakes, Idaho
The riding is amazing and there is riding for every level. Trails are groomed which is nice cuz u have to ride a ways to get to the good stuff. Call Ben at Sheffys. He runs the store and hotel and yes u can ride from town to the trail head about 1/8 mile. Let us know if u want to connect out there. It's great!

M
Nov 15, 2009
Twin Lakes, Idaho
Well the first ride is in and I have to say this is one fun machine! Lots of untouched powder to play in and clear blue sky all day. Thanks everyone for all your advice it was very helpful. Can't wait for Saturday to go back out!

Premium Features