• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI and Impulse Standalone's on the snow

andre162

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2008
northern california
Just got back form the first ride with the New standalone kits. First off after installing both of the kits I found them both to be good kits, but the MPI kit seemed to be a much more complete and cleaner kit not to put down the Impulse kit but MPI kit was much more complete from the premounted sensors to the zip ties needed to tie up the wire loom. Once on the snow the kits seemed to be working very well and I think that these kits will change the boosted sled for the better. the MPI kit work Awsome the throttle response was great and the O2 reading were around 11.5 to 12.7 the conditons on the snow were not that great and we did'nt get to do any real hill climbing so much more testing is nessecary. The impulse kit worked well up to about 7500 rpm but above that it seemed to run lean. dont know what the cause is yet but im sure that it will get worked out.

It sure looks like that the work that Impuse and MPI have been doing great and i can't wait to get enough snow to really put them to the test.

Premium Features