• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo intakes... location, tubing??

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
So i have been working on intake placement on my yamadoo but right now im having issues that when the snow gets over 1' of fresh, if i carv right or even do small little dives on the right side it buries the filter.. i know its not the biggest filter on earth, just looking for thoughts... dont want a freakin parascope, but need to not choke the sob out.. its kinda dangerous sometimes when it stalls!!

I was thinking of routing the intake tube up to behind the windsheild by the gauges? problem is then my pre turbo intake is like 2' long... or i was thinking about routing it up into the nose cone right under the huge center vent... here are some pics.... what do yall think?

this is the current location, but it sits around 6" higher out now.
DSCI0836.jpg

and this is where im thinking of putting it right behind? right behind the main center vent, but it can get air throught the whole nose area when moving fast, but can suck in from the underhood air if need be? i know it stays nice and cold up front as i get lots of snow under there that never melts out unless i put the sled in the heater garage.

CIMG2170.jpg

heres what it looks like right now... like the stuck?

CIMG0045.jpg

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
yeah, I would route it right under the hood, about where you have the center of the hood, with the vent over it...You will still get air on DEEP pow, and the majority of the time, you will get a little warmer air but not much...

Just an opinion, as mine is under hood on clutch side...

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, i was noticing your sits clutch side like that and figured it must get warm... thats how larry's is on his nytro if im not mistaken... i guess if that works then up in the nose will work great for me.. theres also a larger vent type situation right in the nose around the bumper, so when im ripping uphill WOT it should be getting LOTS of air.

i think this will be the best option for me as the bogging situation is total crap, had it stall out on me a few times when i would carve right and go to cut up into the trees... stalling pointed straight up in the woods = annoying stucks. and a bombhole in the trail we tried to make.

thanks for the input guys.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
yeah, i was noticing your sits clutch side like that and figured it must get warm... thats how larry's is on his nytro if im not mistaken... i guess if that works then up in the nose will work great for me.. theres also a larger vent type situation right in the nose around the bumper, so when im ripping uphill WOT it should be getting LOTS of air.

i think this will be the best option for me as the bogging situation is total crap, had it stall out on me a few times when i would carve right and go to cut up into the trees... stalling pointed straight up in the woods = annoying stucks. and a bombhole in the trail we tried to make.

thanks for the input guys.

Yeah, In my case, I have an air hood, so no issues...but before the hood, I had installed a vent right in front of the Air intake...I think it was a modified SLP vent from a Dragon....customized...

but the heat on my sled is very minimal...last year after a hard long pull 1+ minute WOT, I could barely touch the intercooler...now, it is barely warm....

not my sled but same turbo install...

IMG00020Large.jpg

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
you can see the vent behind the shock...ignore the screwed up parts :)

MTwreck1.JPG

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, i think i got a good idea for mine.... all i will do is pull off the aluminum extension on the deep days and the filter then sits down below the pastic behind some good venting and solid airflow... that way its an easy change, but i would still like to keep it out the hood most of the time, just hard, those deeper days dont allow it to work that well!!

im gonna keep experimenting with it.. its just hose clamps, so i can mess around in the woods while we are out riding.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Here's mine never an issue. The little Miami Vice cigarette boat windsheild actually works pretty well. LOL

M5

IMG_2621 (Medium).JPG IMG_2624 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i can sorta swivel mine, im gonna try to angle it a tad more away from the windsheild.. the swoop back is nice, but it likes to funnel snow of the front hood against the windsheild and clumps like to get stuck on the filter housing setup and bogs the piss out of it when right side carving or dipping the nose when letting off the go go flipper.

also, what kinda flex tubing is that on yours Jtab? that is actually the exact idea i had cuz i have looked over your sled pics more then i care to think about!! looks like a drain hose?? something strong and flexable.. ill look at homedepot or something

Premium Features