• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

steering shaft play, aluminum tearing.

A
Sep 24, 2009
clinton ny
hey guys my 04 pro x2 800 there is play in the steering, there is a joint or bushing possibly behind the motor. i goofed up and forgot to fix when i had to do a tear-down on my motor. anyone had this problem before. ideas to fix it.
Also the aluminum is tearing at the corner by my snow flap. anyone had experience with jb weld or a similar problem.:beer;

W

Wayniac

Nov 26, 2007
sunny Seattle
My 04 rmk had play and I discovered the nut at the bottom of the steering shaft was loose. I tightened it and the play went away. Of course the motor was out when doing this.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
The nut on the bottom of the steering post can be tightened with the motor in, but you have to be very creative with wrenches.

No personal experience, but a tiny hole drilled at the ends of the tear is suppose to stop it from getting bigger.

A
Sep 24, 2009
clinton ny
hey thanks for the help guys. ill have to see if i can get some wrenches in there with the motor in. maybe get my little cousin see if he can get his arms in there. stupid thing. ill try drilling it at the point in the v. previous owner had a loose sno flap and it would really give her hell when u throttled up. but i got the sled for 2000 so i cant complain. she is comin good

Premium Features