• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New for the Pro - Hood Strap Kit

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
If you hate the ¼ turn fasteners being used on the 2010 – 2015 Pro Chassis sled you’re not alone. Not only are the impossible to use with gloves on they cost a fortune to replace when you lose one. If you haven’t had to replace one of these they are $13 a piece which does not include the retaining clip. So at the end of last season the designing began and finally we are satisfied with the product. Straps are “old school” I guess but after machining numerous different types of fasteners it turned out that simple was better. This kit includes 4 custom urethane straps rated for cold temperatures, 4 machined catches and all the hardware to mount the straps. I've been running this kit for about 6 weeks now in sub zero temperatures and they have held up great. Our goal was to design something that functioned a lot better than the O.E.M. set up but made it so that you don’t have to take your gloves off to open the side panel. Getting to your hot dogger, spare goggles, oil reservoir or clutches has never been so simple. Okay maybe when sleds had actual hooks that lifted but not since the early 2000’s have we had that. The hardware in the kit will be powder coated black along with the straps which are black. This will fit all Polaris models that use the DZUS fastener system from the factory.

Pricing TBD

Last edited:

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
$99.95?

$11,000 sled.
$2,000 in gear.
$12,000 trailer.
$30,000 truck.
I think you know where I am going here.
Thanks for posting and, MAKING IT HERE!
Send me a PM when available.:clock:

O
Dec 6, 2007
I guess I haven't had any problem with the DZUS fasteners... I've never had any issues with taking my gloves off to open the side panels either. Intersting solution but I fail to see the problem it solved.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Great your creating options for people, but I don't get it.
$13 is "a fortune"?
I personally love the 1/4 turn fasteners, never had a single problem.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
1/4 turn fasteners are great when everything is new. But hit some trees, roll it down a few hills and alignment of them 1/4 turn fasteners becomes a real pia.

I definitely see a need for this and would like to see an option for a third one on the top center of the panel.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I want one of these kits as well, if i dont get around to doin my own install of straps.

Agree with rms, at first, i liked the 1/4 turns, now after a couple years, fight em everytime!

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
I'm in. The 1/4 turn fasteners are the biggest POS's. One of my least favorite parts on my pro. Always fighting the damn things getting to my goggle bag. Polaris knows this, look at the changes to the '15 switchback.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I would certainly be interested in a couple of these kits if priced reasonably. For those who have never had an issue with the OEM fasteners, great, you are a few of the lucky ones, but for us that have wrestled with these things on the mountain, this is a damn good alternative. Thanks Sled solutions.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
If the price is right, sign me up. I hate the Dzus fasteners. Sometimes they go right in, most of the time they don't.

I was even thinking of doing something like drag race car hood pins. Oh, wait, Cat already did that idea.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I like how they've put the straps on the side panels (rear one anyways). Other way around and the straps always end up getting closed on.

Premium Features