• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installing clutch-kit HELP! (SLP stage 2)

R
Apr 12, 2010
Norway
I'm about to install the SLP Stage 2 Clutch-kit on my Polaris Assault 2011.

When installing the weight's in the clutch kit, will I have to do anything with the shims in the clutch?
I've heard this guy saying that he had to change something with the shims, cause of the "shape" of the MTX-weights aren't the same as the "shape" on the original polaris weights. And if I dont the the thing with the shims, the distance between the clutch-belt and the movable sheave wouldn't be right.

Any tips in the forum? :)

Thanks!

R
Apr 12, 2010
Norway
This description shows the thing with the shims

2ikcj2g.jpg

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
..... Install the weights.... then put on belt and check side clearance...

Most sled came with alot...

My MY11 had no problem with cut heel weights. My '12 needed shims to restore belt to sheave clearance with MTX weights. Bolt them in and check, it's the only way to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R
Apr 12, 2010
Norway
I sent SLP an mail, and got this answer; [FONT=&quot]"Most of the 2011 and 2012 sleds have enough side clearance where no shimming is required. The .010” to .020” is the best performance. "

[/FONT]
I'll install the weights, and see how the clearance look!

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I havent seen one yet that had to reshim when adding the mtx. That is unless they shimmed the stock clutch and weights to the proper clearance. Then you would have issues. Bottomline, most are all out of spec from the factory (too loose) so when you add the mtx's it brings them closer to where they should be at.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I havent seen one yet that had to reshim when adding the mtx. That is unless they shimmed the stock clutch and weights to the proper clearance. Then you would have issues. Bottomline, most are all out of spec from the factory (too loose) so when you add the mtx's it brings them closer to where they should be at.

We have sold over 100 sets of MTX's for the Pro and I have only seen maybe 5 that needed to be re-shimmed for use with the stock belt after installing MTX weights. Most of them come shimmed way too wide from the factory (start up a stock-weight equipped pro, rev it slowly to idle and watch/listen for the "pop" of the primary slamming onto the belt- not the engagement clunk from the secondary which you will also feel and hear) and they engage and shift much smoother when in spec.

D

D808

Jan 12, 2008
Peters Creek, Alaska
We have sold over 100 sets of MTX's for the Pro and I have only seen maybe 5 that needed to be re-shimmed for use with the stock belt after installing MTX weights. Most of them come shimmed way too wide from the factory (start up a stock-weight equipped pro, rev it slowly to idle and watch/listen for the "pop" of the primary slamming onto the belt- not the engagement clunk from the secondary which you will also feel and hear) and they engage and shift much smoother when in spec.

Had my first ride today with the A2D spring/weights set up and it works better than factory. I left the stock helix in the sled.

Premium Features