• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

V Force reeds

Anyone have any issues with the V Force 3R reeds affecting idle speeds ? Looking to replace the reeds in my 13 Pro, but have heard of some guys having idle issues with the rubber coated petals on the new 3R reeds. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Yes it affected my idle, power commander is only way i can make it idle properly. 1000miles+ on them.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Probably a good idea to check out the TPS base setting and then adjust your idle speed from there.

If you have a PC-V, do what's required to set up the sled and PC-V to perform the calibration of the PC-V to the TPS. You can then look at TPS base & idle settings. I did this a number of times until I bought a TPS Test cable and then compared what I saw on the DMM vs. what the PC-V was showing on the laptop screen. They were always the same.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I installed them on my sled and it has trouble idling and seems rich. I guess I will see what happens when I get some miles on it.

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Initially mine idled okay but after a ride it made the sled idle like crap.. Rode it a few times got so tired of it went back to stock reeds and sled was better. So if anyone needs I have a brand new set in my shop for a small fee haha.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Update on my 2014 Pro RMK 800 with V-Force 3 Reeds PN V3132R-873F-2. After 200 miles it idled a little better, but not right. Way too low most of the time. So I created a customer service ticket at Moto Tassinari about it. They told me it is a known issue and would send me softer pedals free of charge. I installed them and now it idles just like it should. Part number for these pedals is 3P883R-C. They look like carbon fiber instead of just matte black material. When you go to replace yours check youtube for a how-to on getting the cage apart with the plastic tool.

Premium Features