• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G4 Rear suspension upgrade

M
Dec 17, 2016
Northern Illinois
Hey everyone! So I just bought a set of Fox float Evols for the front of my 154 850 and I'm excited to see the performance gains over the stock front shocks however, I am now looking to upgrade the rear suspension. I would love to get rid of the torsion springs. Right now I think the two best options would be the Exit coil over upgrade for $699- $799 depending on exit series shock or Toms E motion. I think I could potentially buy the exit upgrade this season however If Toms is better then I might have to wait to next year. I was hoping those who have either of the set ups could provide me with some opinions or feedback on the set ups to help me find the best direction to go.

Info for suspension: Rider weight 205 geared up, Ex-Snocross racer so I love to jump and ride aggressive, Mainly ride off trail in U.P with one or two trips out west to Idaho a year. I currently have the T-motion "locked out" with a munster delete.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Both are good choices.
I personally like Toms stuff.

I also believe he is running a special on different kits. Some inventory over stock reduction. Worth a call.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
'

This. Plus, at $1295 you aren't that far off the Exit option. It drastically improves the ride of the sled. I wouldn't go any other way.

I see on his site the 175 can’t be ordered with the lockout option is that just the website are not offered all together?

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Hey everyone! So I just bought a set of Fox float Evols for the front of my 154 850 and I'm excited to see the performance gains over the stock front shocks however, I am now looking to upgrade the rear suspension. I would love to get rid of the torsion springs. Right now I think the two best options would be the Exit coil over upgrade for $699- $799 depending on exit series shock or Toms E motion. I think I could potentially buy the exit upgrade this season however If Toms is better then I might have to wait to next year. I was hoping those who have either of the set ups could provide me with some opinions or feedback on the set ups to help me find the best direction to go.

Info for suspension: Rider weight 205 geared up, Ex-Snocross racer so I love to jump and ride aggressive, Mainly ride off trail in U.P with one or two trips out west to Idaho a year. I currently have the T-motion "locked out" with a munster delete.

I'd go with the coilover option if I were you.

Z

Zx

Dec 12, 2009
Elka also now carries a coil over conversion. Good quality suspension!

rheinss10

Premium Member
Jul 3, 2008
NORTHERN MN
I have a set of rear fox shocks if you're interested
10e1793e9c05fb7875940898ff22cae5.jpg

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I've been running Tom's stuff for years on all my sleds. I think it's a must have for the G4 as the stock skid is horrible. I just got the lock out kit and have yet to run it but it looks like its going to be a game changer for the 154. I think for the money you can't beat Tom's stuff.

Premium Features