• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: Glovebox extension / GPS support

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
picture.php

Glovebox extension / GPS support
http://store.ski-doo.com/product/1032452/860201249/_/Glovebox_extension__GPS_support

s-l300.jpg

Part Number: 860201249

New design for REV platform 4th generation doubles the storage with 4-liter (1 US gallon) capacity. Can be used with or without a windshield. Door provides perfect mount for GPS (sold separately). Replaces stock storage compartment cover.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
In the never ending quest to find just a little bit MORE storage room I decided to try out the Glove Box extension kit that Ski-Doo offeres, with the intent of inserting the LINER and the HEATER in it so I would have a place to TRY and De-Fog goggles from time to time.

In general this installation was SUPER EASY and VERY FAST.
End result was a nice larger storage area with easy access.

On my first 3 days of riding with it I noticed no negative impacts on it, nor was it a problem when the sled rolled over.

BUT..
The liner has not arrived yet and the heater insert has not arrived either.
So this will be a TWO part review. Really won't have a final opinion until those other two items are bolted and wired in.

Meanwhile, this is how easy it is to install...

My sled in stock OEM forum
picture.php

Stock Glove box Opened.
picture.php

Inside of stock glove box. There is room enough for a pair of goggles and perhaps a set of gloves. but that is about it, and even then its TIGHT.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Step 1.
The "Windshield" comes off.
No tools required, just poped right off.
picture.php

Then the lid comes off as well.
And its time to remove the 2 retaining screws.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is the new Glovebox insert, or the inner liner.
picture.php

picture.php

You will need to DRILL OUT this hole on the corner for mounting.
picture.php

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The new larger insert comes with a small piece of sticky taped foam that has to be inserted at the front to block out incoming snow.

NOTE.
The lower portion of the Glovebox does NOT change.
It remains the same
Only the "LID" is swapped out in this process and all the extra capacity comes from the raised/higher lid.
picture.php

Peel the tape and stick it in the slot
picture.php

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The assembly turned upside down so you can see where the two have to be screwed together from your previously drilled holes.

picture.php

picture.php

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Nice write up Christopher. With the detail you put into the install it seems like it would take some time but for others who are reading its a 10-15 min install. I've rolled the machine out a number of times and its held up without issue. Lots of room. I didn't put the foam in and haven't seen snow intrusion but haven't ridden as deep as some. For me, this was a much more useful option than a windshield.

For instructions they are online but a guy has to look and have a part number to easily find them. Here's where the instructions for all BRP accesories can be found: http://instructions.brp.com/content/instruction-sheet/en_CA/e-instruction.html#tab=1

Might even be worth a sticky for the address alone.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Nice write up Christopher. With the detail you put into the install it seems like it would take some time but for others who are reading its a 10-15 min install. I've rolled the machine out a number of times and its held up without issue. Lots of room. I didn't put the foam in and haven't seen snow intrusion but haven't ridden as deep as some. For me, this was a much more useful option than a windshield.

For instructions they are online but a guy has to look and have a part number to easily find them. Here's where the instructions for all BRP accesories can be found: http://instructions.brp.com/content/instruction-sheet/en_CA/e-instruction.html#tab=1

Might even be worth a sticky for the address alone.

AGREED
I would ABSOLUTELY take this over the windshield option.
The added room is quite useful.
Need to find time to put the heater element in.

Still get some snow dust intrusion in on deep days.

Rolling over has proven to be a NON ISSUE!.

C
Mar 20, 2019
Glove box Extention

Just completed this Larger glove box with added GPS mount, USB plug at rear pre drilled plug and RCA 3 watt heater to keep phone from getting power drained. Excellent storage improvement over stock. Easy install on Gen 4 accessory plug under cowl attached to blank holder. LinQ hardware on tunnel are super cool too. Slim tunnel bag a extra fuel tank for long trips. 2 thumbs up for Ski Doo LinQ system. Handle bar muffs will fit no problem.

Premium Features