• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Filming Fun

S

seth25

Jan 9, 2008
Sedalia, CO
Just a stock DJI Phantom with a Hero 3. No accessories, gimbles, etc. Frame is off a bit, but works decent. Hard to judge keeping in frame while chasing someone.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Just a stock DJI Phantom with a Hero 3. No accessories, gimbles, etc. Frame is off a bit, but works decent. Hard to judge keeping in frame while chasing someone.

Cool, yea I bet.. I haven't tried filming yet. I have only flown 3d collective pitch heli's new to the quad. I imagine its hard without FPV to keep it in frame.

Mine is a DJI FlameWheel clone frame with some 3d printed wire vibration isolation mounts for my gopro. Nothing fancy. hope to get it up int he air soon.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
That thing is pretty sweet. I would love to play around filming with that thing. I have been wanting to do that for years. Whats the best way to pack that thing into the riding area though? That thing looks pretty big to fit in a back pack with all my other gear. I guess just strap it to the sled somehow?

S

seth25

Jan 9, 2008
Sedalia, CO
I've got a plastic watertight carrying case for it, but I actually empty out my tunnel bag and put it in there. Put transmitter and batteries in a zip lock and copter in a trash sack. Just barely fits in my Ogio tunnel bag. That was really the first weekend of trying it out, looking forward to getting more footage this weekend.

Premium Features