• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo break in

S
Dec 15, 2007
Just curious, all you TURBO JUNKIES notice the break in sticker on the dash? Half throttle for 300 miles-3/4 till 600 miles, some people wont even have the thing BROKE IN by seasons end.:face-icon-small-con

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
4 strokes seem to like some abuse in the initial stages. I have had motors apart that have been ridden HARD from day one and they look good, also other motors that have been babied and they don't have the compression or performance.

A couple good heat cycles to make sure everything is working right and the oil is flowing and then varied throttle opening for the first hour. Don't be afraid to open it up for 5-10 second pulls.

Pretty much ride it normal after that. I always change the oil at about 300 miles to get the break in shavings and oil out of there.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i've always rode the piss outta new toys or fresh rebuilds and never had an issue. i just do like racinstation mentioned and vary the throttle with no long wide open pulls for the first while.

Premium Features