• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which sled is the best BOOSTED?

Which is the best ALL AROUND sled with BOOST?

• Arctic Cat M6

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Arctic Cat M7

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Arctic Cat M8

Votes: 207 36.7%
  • Polaris RMK 600

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Polaris RMK 700

Votes: 14 2.5%
  • Polaris RMK 800

Votes: 81 14.4%
  • Ski Doo Summit 800

Votes: 22 3.9%
  • Yamaha Nytro

Votes: 146 25.9%
  • Yamaha Apex

Votes: 80 14.2%

• Total voters

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
FYI...
jumping & yamaha don't belong in the same sentence. If you like air, the yammi is a joke without a punchline.

Huh?

dhjump2ss.jpg

I'd agree with Kaleb though, D7.

bowerman61028

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Bend, OR
Why would you list the M6 and not the M1000?
For torque and displacement the M1000 is a fantastic 2 stroke turbo. Some time in the future for me.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I would go with the m1000, but If I where under 180lbs prob the m8. Most fun with only a turbo kit would have to be the 09 m8, reliable as it gets for a two stoke, best track and easy to boondock. The xp is a great jumper but don't care for a carbed turbo, the D8 needs more than just a turbo. yami's are for lots of miles and long shutes, anything with a (well tunned) turbo is fun though.

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
I would go with the m1000, but If I where under 180lbs prob the m8. Most fun with only a turbo kit would have to be the 09 m8, reliable as it gets for a two stoke, best track and easy to boondock. The xp is a great jumper but don't care for a carbed turbo, the D8 needs more than just a turbo. yami's are for lots of miles and long shutes, anything with a (well tunned) turbo is fun though.

Why do you say the D8 needs more than a turbo??

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Heres a 4 stroke in the air......courtesy of KBI.:face-icon-small-hap

All good when boosted.....cause they make huge power. But for reliablility a 4 stroke is for the masses.:face-icon-small-win

Happy boosting.
RS

tim_mcgregor_poster.jpg

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Huh?

dhjump2ss.jpg

I'd agree with Kaleb though, D7.

That's cheating, there's no 2 smoke Yammis on that list!!!

I'd like to ride the doo 1200, people say it's light, I know it's a joke stock, but it seems like turbo'd it'd be a pretty badass machine!

btw climbmax, sick shot! (I could jump my cummins too... but I'm not gonna!!!:face-icon-small-sho)

Last edited:

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
Yes, it's in the air. BUT.....how did it end? haha plus thats an old 2-smoker yammi, which, sadly, would probly be lighter than the big 4 bangers

Landed it fine. But.. it hurt pretty good lol. Bottoming out was the norm on that sled.

I know Rob Alford can get a Nytro in the air pretty well. Can't remember where the link is, but it's on a ToBe video.

But still, not the ideal choice for jumping lol.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Why do you say the D8 needs more than a turbo??

A d8 has to have at least a different suspension, or different rails, otherwise its a wheelie monster, fun but impossible to do any serious climbing with. and the stock track is a joke. still with that said my vote is the d8

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
curious

A d8 has to have at least a different suspension, or different rails, otherwise its a wheelie monster, fun but impossible to do any serious climbing with. and the stock track is a joke. still with that said my vote is the d8

Just cause I'm curious......Is there a stock suspension out there anywhere that is NOT a wheelie maker with boost? Nytro and Apex with boost make wheelies all day and not many 1200 Doo's that I've seen have stock suspension either. Have a buddy doing an M8 this year I think so I guess I'll get a look at that one this winter.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
the AC skids are legit,(sub 300hp) no need for aftermarket suspension unless you just want to shave a little weight. they dont handle the moguls in a climb as well as say a timbersled or kmod, but for a stock skid they are hands down the best i've been around. polaris this year 2011, finally came out with a real suspension so we will see how it works.

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
I didn't realize the M8's were that great!! What kind of miles are you guys getting out of your boosted sleds without problems?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I didn't realize the M8's were that great!! What kind of miles are you guys getting out of your boosted sleds without problems?

Got 1700+ out of an RG setup running 9-15, reeds are good, no cracking at skirts, no other issues at all aside from normal stuff like broken steering posts & a wire I rubbed cause I put it behind the new steering post! This sled also had a season on the HC circuit, so I would think that the wear on it would be greater than average for the miles.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
M8 turbo

The biggest reason the M8 is so good is the porting and knock sensor. The combo seams to make them solid and less likely to bun down. My 2008 M8 153 I put 2k on it with no issues at 15-16 LB of boost. I put new reads in it sold it to a customer and he ran it for 3 more years until they forgot to fill the turbo oil tank . Replaced turbo and still runs strong.

My 2009. Me and the ada had some issues every time I would turn the boost up it seamed I would eat a piston. It just sucked that with out an inter cooler it did not like above 11.5 lb of boost it was solid as long as I did not push the boost.

So in 2010 I went to new turbo system and controller . Mainly because I did not want to run an inter cooler and I like 14-16 lb of boost.For the most part I was happy I do like the BD box for tune ability but for big boost hate ada.
I did not burn one down all year but never was a 100% happy with the boxes maybe this year.

For most people the pump gas kit all the way I can set up a pump gas kit for a none tuner and they can pull the rope and go for years with no shop visits or issues.

The key to a flawless turbo is 1 st install I see more issues from a sloppy install than any thing.

When doing an install you have to take the time and run all wires and hoses so as they will not rub or wear.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
What kinzer said on the d8, he loves those things, his made some crazy track speed but until he did the Power Claw and skid it was a trencher, and I'm talking 4-6' trenches at 80mph track speed. The AC skid with a good valve job is by far the best boosted skid in my opinion. They still will pull the skis but its the best all around, like JKinzer said under 300hp it works.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
My 2008 M8 153 I put 2k on it with no issues at 15-16 LB of boost. I put new reads in it sold it to a customer and he ran it for 3 more years until they forgot to fill the turbo oil tank . Replaced turbo and still runs strong.

huh...must be that new math:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features