• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Naysayers are always louder initially, who things changes are positive.

S

SnoPro753

May 4, 2008
Central Iowa
The Naysayers are always louder initially, who thinks changes are positive?

You can put in me in the camp of naysayer, but I am curious to hear from other members who think the changes are positive?

Who else has direct experience with another message board that has these features and it has contributed directly to a positive message board community???

I belong to several other messages boards for trucks, guns, etc and I have never seen one that had Thanks features. All of these boards are thriving and have an active community.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Most forums track and display some sort of rating system for members. Usually tied to post count. Christopher is trying something new. People usually resist new if new is a change from what they're already comfortable with.

I don't find the changes difficult to navigate or distracting, but then I'm a relative noob myself.

S

SnoPro753

May 4, 2008
Central Iowa
I can understand some sort of rating system, but its pretty easy to see who contributes accurate information to a post.

If you spend enough time on the board and research users past post history you can find out if they are worth a salt.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Of the tens of thousands of Vbulliten forums around the world MOST do not have the customizations we are installing.

#1. the cost of server capacity to support them is prohibitive to most enthusiast sites. They require some SERIOUS HORSEPOWER to support, and that takes real servers which cost money.

#2. Most of the owner/opperators of the other forums simply don't have the technical expertise to install and maintain them. The more modules that are installed and the more customized the site becomes, the more it requires real full time staff to keep it running smoothly.

Premium Features