• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rylo 360 camera

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Excellent video stabilization with the Rylo or your holding your head super still!
I tend to jerk my head back and forth.. makes everybody sick when we watch the carnage later..
You had that tree! It jumped out over a foot!
No doubt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
First ride with the Rylo, this thing is awesome, smooth as a gimbal and captures everything so you don't miss it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZf...AVmIc0Kcy8s9ijVjssNx_h6KD3_CNUaYV-bOu62wtpCDE

One thing for sure the RYLE has fisheye … magnifying the angles. Results in seeing the mountain inclines declines with more angle !

With one view cameras it is difficult to show the angle of the earth relative to the riders riding angle. IMHO this 360 camera provides more angle definition

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Thank you Mike for letting me focus and review how much this technology has progressed.

Quick look seems two good handheld 360 cameras and upcoming Gopro Fusion (Fusion needs software upgrade)

Insta ONE X 360 5.7k

Rylo 360 5.8k

GOPRO FUSION

GOPRO FUSION … $499 360 degree camera Street $450

In fact, one important consideration when using OverCapture is that while the camera may be high resolution, you're exporting a 1920x1080 HD video (if shot on 5.2K), or 1280x720 HD video (if shot in 60fps 3K). Furthermore, if you zoom in, you’re losing more resolution relative to how much you’re punching in on that OverCapture frame, so if 4K is essential to your needs, or you’re interested in the Fusion primarily for action footage using OverCapture, those are things you might want to think about.
Despite being GoPro’s first foray into the 360 camera space, the Fusion gets a lot of things right and performs well. The things it doesn't do well could, for the most part, be remedied by firmware and software updates, and we'll take a look at some of those things in the following pages.

vs Rylo 360 Street $440

The Rylo Camera ($499) takes a different approach. Although it captures 360º photos and video, it does so with the idea that you can later select a region of the image from which to create a standard 16:9 HD video. It's basically like an action cam that lets you decide where to point the camera after you've shot your footage. New cameras let you firmware to 5.8K

Insta ONE X 360-degree 5.7K action camera $399 street $389

The new model is capable of recording spherical video at 5.7K resolution and 30 frames per second. For smooth motion in action videos or slow-motion effects you can also opt to record 4K footage at 50fps or 3K video at 100fps. In photo mode the camera captures 18MP still images.

In conclusion quality 360 hand held video just started because OverCapture frame software and hardware. Video experts think an 8K will be available in less than 12 months @ 30FPS causing the camera have 4K quality videos. Its about resolution and frames per second with software editing.

My opinion GoPRO already has major distribution and alliance in many action sport industries … and a not so good 360 camera in 2018. Insta ONE X 360-degree is the better camera for 2018 BUT has no distribution and sells direct, along with dedicated software. Rylo is in the middle.

One interesting thing is the Insta ONE X 360-degree has a rugged construction and can even be thrown around when snapped into the Insta360 Drifter camera dart, allowing for very unusual effects.

Compact 360 cameras will replace a single view camera for one important reason … The camera captures 360 degrees and you CANT miss capturing ALL the footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=149&v=UVrnYOFEBOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rXUftKG2HQ

PROTECTICE CASES SOLD SEPARATELY !!!!

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
How well does the software work on the editing side of things? I know like anything, especially more complex footage, its only as good as the person cutting it up and turning it into something.

Good usable software makes it a lot more enjoyable to do things with afterwards!

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
How’s the battery life on the Rylo? I see they are Bluetooth compatible, do you turn off and on with your phone or just click the button on camera? I came across this video on YouTube, awesome video quality!

Hey hey you found my youtube page. I have been MIA on Snowest for a while. But to answer your question. The battery life is better than the GoPro. I still carry 2 -3 extra batteries and keep them close to my body to keep the warm while not is use. On a long day I will go through 2-3 batteries. If its 3 -4 hr ride maybe 1-2 batteries. Bluetooth capabilities I leave off. You don't have to worry if you are getting the shot or not. Once you set it up I leave it off at all times. Its there to change settings on the fly so once I have it set up I don't use it anymore. I just keep bluetooth off on my phone. Honestly I can't remember now if you need to turn it on and off on the camera.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
How well does the software work on the editing side of things? I know like anything, especially more complex footage, its only as good as the person cutting it up and turning it into something.

Good usable software makes it a lot more enjoyable to do things with afterwards!
The software is pretty easy to use on the iphone. I have not tired the desktop app for Mac computers as I have a windows PC. But the iphone works quite well.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I'm thinking about the new GoPro Max. I have Fusion now, it's a little cumbersome to dump footage and edit. But it's teaching me to use Adobe Premier, so I guess that's good. Hope workflow improves with Max.

Premium Features